comparrison Bushnell Trophy Cam Aggresspor

hunt4646

I recently purchased a new Bushnell Trophy Cam 20HD Aggressor camera and compared it side by side with a 3 year old Browning Strike Force. They were both set up on same tree facing the same direction at the same elevation in a wooded area. The Bushnell trigger system did pick up 10% more deer walking thru the woods. The Bushnell Aggressor did catch a squirrel on tree that was not photographed by the Browning. There was very little picture differences on night time pics. Both had about the same flash range and brightness.
The results for daytime pictures were very different in exposure. The cameras are in a tall tree area with little sunlight directly shining on cameras. The Browning pictures were very clear and natural in appearance with good exposure. All Bushnell pictures taken in daylight were very dark and I had to use my computer's programing to brighten them in order to see the deer or any detail in the woods. Once brightened, the detail of the Bushnell cam pics was very sharp.
All controls worked properly on both cameras.
I have moved the Bushnell to a tree line and aimed at an open field used regularly by deer.. I will update results from that position in a few weeks.

megalomaniac

thanks for a real- world comparison! I picked up a couple of the older model browning dark-ops and have found their triggers to be adequate, but not nearly as sensitive as the other coverts I run.

hunt4646

UPDATE ON EXPOSURE PROBLEMS BUSHNELL TROPHY CAM 20MP AGGRESSOR. I have moved camera to face an open field and pictures are still too dark during daytime to make out any detail. I can brighten the pictures with my computer's max lightening setting and they are good with normal appearance and detail. Night time pictures have good exposure and detail.
The camera captures video in MP4 which most newer operating systems will play.

hunt4646

Contacted Bushnell service and now have the correct settings on the camera. Daytime pictures now have good exposure and colors are very vivid. Nice contrast between shade an d sunlight. Automatic settings did not work correctly for proper exposure in daytime but changes in settings worked.

hunt4646

I stopped the automatic settings. Try setting of NORMAL for shutter and longer time between pictures. I chose 4 seconds between pics. I am not sure which change made the most difference but I think the change from automatic to Normal was the key.

Latest posts