Colorado Unit 22

FallRutSpringStrut

Anyone every hunted Unit 22 for Mule Deer? I know a guy that says it is a pretty good unit for Mulies with a rifle but I thought I would ask around to the TNdeer community. If so let me know the pros and cons. I am wanting to go on a diy on public land for mulies this fall. Thanks in advance.

FallRutSpringStrut

trealtree said:
What made you decide on Colorado?

I dont have to go to Colorado but I dont want to go blind either. A guy I work with is some what fimilar with Colorado and Unit 22 but if you have any other suggestions about a different state I would be all ears. Please advise.

UPSman

2-Step Enabled
Unless you have preference points you cannot go out and buy an OTC tag. Looks like you would need at least 2 points to draw a tag for 2nd season on public land. 3rd season you may need 3 points ( 51% ) of drawing on public land.

bigfoot318

If I had an extra $180 I would at least apply for Idaho (I lived there for 4 years) and killed mule deer 3 out of the 4 years there. I would hunt unit 39 (still over the counter I think), 44, 45 (both draw hunts with long odds but I have seen absolute monster bucks in both units with my own two eyes. I killed a good buck in unit 43 in 2003. I will send you a picture.

bigfoot318
Crossville, TN

Latest posts