Colorado TOWN buck................

Dean Parisian

Pamelot, TN Ghost Ranc MT San Jose del Cabo, MX
IMG_0450.jpg

Every year there are towns across the West that have good bucks growing in their midst. Lack of stress from natural predators, better feed, who knows, they just look beautiful in a yard!

Here is a buck in a Colorado town this summer. No doubt plenty of archery fanatics drooling over this fellow!

Pilchard

I think it's the ability to grow old that makes them big in the suburbs. I don't think it's a lack of pressure, better food, etc… it's just age.

There is a buck in my yard each day that is easily 8 years old. He got big and old from being located in the suburbs not from being smart or the apples and pears my wife feeds him.

Last edited:

AT Hiker

I wonder how many of those towny bucks don't migrate?

I'll never forget my first drive out of Denver, headed North to Ft Collins. A couple 180" plus bucks just chilling, under an interstate over pass.

megalomaniac

They are usually well known by the locals and someone usually picks them off during bow season and pisses the whole town off and gets CDOW involved.

gtk

Staff member
If ever given the chance, visit the Rocky Mountain Arsenal Wildlife Refuge just outside of Denver. There are some huge deer in that area.

Latest posts