Food Plots Clethodim Source

RedDawg

Anyone know of a cheap place for clethodim on the southwest side of Nashville? At this point it looks like I have to run all the way up to Clarksville (Rural King) to get anything reasonable and the Dickson Farmer's Coop is pretty proud of their stuff. Thanks.

Boll Weevil

I usually order mine online and typically have it in a just a few days (if you aren't pressed for time). It ends up being less expensive especially when considering fuel/time if you have to travel to a distant co-op.

RedDawg

Boll Weevil, What's a good online source for it?

As for what it does, it is to kill grasses in a clover field.

Boll Weevil

RedDawg said:
Boll Weevil, What's a good online source for it?
I get mine from ruralking.com with the price/gallon being waaaaaaay less than you could ever buy from local feed or farm supply stores.

Boll Weevil

drrxnupe said:
Does clet require surfactant?
It certainly helps when it comes to assisting the chemical in adhering to the plant surface. On the cheap, I get the biggest bottles of Ajax dish soap I can find at Dollar General or WalMart...probably like 64oz jugs. Squirt it in your tank AFTER adding your chemical and water or else all the bubbles won't let you fill up completely.

By the time you reach your spraying destination everything will have mixed up nicely and the droplets will stick/spread on whatever they hit versus beading up and running off.

Hunter 257W

diamond hunter said:
So,couldnt I just ride around and spray cleth everywhere there is grass and then weeds of all kinds would take their place,thereby creating a great foodplot for deer all over wherever I spray?

This would work but so would spraying Round-Up or any of the generic glyphosphates and they are a lot cheaper than clethodime. Once the glyphosphate kills the grass, weeds will fill in anyway.

RedDawg

Taking a motorcycle ride up to the Rural King in Clarksville this afternoon after work to get a gallon or two. Should be a nice 100 mile round trip. Cheaper than UPS Ground delivery and a lot more fun!

MickThompson

Clethodim is not more expensive than glyphosate PER ACRE. Max legal rate for clethodim is 16 oz/acre. That 2.5 gall jug will do 20 acres at $7.25/acre. Glyphosate will cost ~$50/2.5 gallons. at a 2qt/acre rate, you are spending $10/acre in chemical. Clethodim will need nonionic surfactant, but that adds very little to the cost per acre($0.25 or less). Surfactant comes premixed into most glyphosate products.

Latest posts