choke

deerhunter10

hey im going on my first duck hunt in about a week. and I need a choke for my stoeger m2000 ive looked at the kicks and a few others don't really know to much about duck chokes. so any help would be awesome. so far I like the kicks and other people seem to really like them but im open to all suggestions.

Spoonbillmallard

I have shot the Kicks full choke for about 3 years now and I have no complaints. Ive killed a ton of ducks with it and a ton of ducks way down range. So I would recommend it.

rukiddin

Don't over think it. A factory imp cylinder or modified will be just fine. Killed many many ducks with plain old factory chokes. Besides, if you shoot'em when there supposed to be shot, choke don't really matter.

jb3

Factory chokes have never been a problem. Never seen a need for an aftermarket choke while duck hunting.

deerhunter10

jb3 said:
Factory chokes have never been a problem. Never seen a need for an aftermarket choke while duck hunting.

ive read on several sights people having problems with the factory chokes getting stick my ballooning in the barrel by shooting steel shot. I wont take a chance I got the choke in today for 50 dollars it is worth not taking the chance.

jb3

Steel can be a problem. I shoot imp-cyl most of the time. Most of my guns are pretty old and don't have the screw type chokes. I need to upgrade, but my wife vetos my idea.

deerhunter10

jb3 said:
Steel can be a problem. I shoot imp-cyl most of the time. Most of my guns are pretty old and don't have the screw type chokes. I need to upgrade, but my wife vetos my idea.

I would recommend the stoegers very reasonable prices and awesome gun.

Latest posts