checking in turkey

RAFI

Why do they even ask for weight,spur and beard length?I guess just so twra knows if its a jake or LB.The data is so messed up.My dad saw a kid checking in a turkey today.They asked what was the weight?The kid said I don't know 35 or 40 lbs?lol She started to type it in and my dad said don't do that it is probably a little over 20 lbs.

I just wonder why they make you put in a weight and other measurements?You don't have to do it for deer.It would be better to ask if its a jake or LB and let it go at that.

backstraps

I know of a bird checked in a few years ago, just to tease a buddy of his. His bud was always killing big birds...so when this other guy got one, he told the lady it had like a 11.5 beard 2 inch hooks and weighed 28 lbs... dang a bird like that would get a free ticket to ride the taxidermist bus!

RAFI

outbackhunter2010 said:
they are not supposed to estimate on the turkey data when you check them in.the check station are supposed to weigh the birds and take the measure ments.the machine does ask if it is a jake or adult bird the checkstations usually just doesnt want to go out and do it the way they are supposed to.

most checking stations don't have scales that I have been to so I don't see how they can weigh one but they could do the other like you say.Wonder why TWRA doesn't try to get these places to do it?

REN

lol i dont know..

i checked one in last year and the lady asked the spur lengh and i said 5inches....she started to type it in and i had to stop her and let her know i was only kidding......they were only 3inches hahahahaha

mathews338

buckdead said:
Beats me :confused:
I know a couple people that have probably never killed a bird under 30lbs :D
i know a guy here in jackson co. that never kills a bird less than 30lbs, 1.25 spurs, and a 12" beard

Latest posts