Cheap Simmons Expensive Repairs

.444 Marlin

Ive only had problems from 2 scopes. One was a IOR Burchurest european scope that was on my muzzleloader and the windage knob came OFF after one shot and the other was a tasco world class 3-9x50, the turret caps were so tight that the entire turret came loose when you tried to turn them. Now I have had tons of other tascos and simmons and never had a problem out of them so I cant say the entire company is trash because of one scope. I will say that all I own for my big game guns are nikon and leupold but I put a simmons 3-9x40 8pt on my remington 721 because I like the look and that same scope has been on probably 6 of my rifles and never had a problem from it.

Whelen Man

R.I.P.
444marlin said:
Ive only had problems from 2 scopes. One was a IOR Burchurest european scope that was on my muzzleloader and the windage knob came OFF after one shot and the other was a tasco world class 3-9x50, the turret caps were so tight that the entire turret came loose when you tried to turn them. Now I have had tons of other tascos and simmons and never had a problem out of them so I cant say the entire company is trash because of one scope. I will say that all I own for my big game guns are nikon and leupold but I put a simmons 3-9x40 8pt on my remington 721 because I like the look and that same scope has been on probably 6 of my rifles and never had a problem from it.
Yeah, I've got several Simmons and Tascos on various rifles that have given good service. I've got a high end Simmons from years back and a couple of Tasco World Class plus that have better optics than my Nikon Monarch. They've never given problems so I'm happy with my purchase. Just make sure they say Japan and not China on the label has been my experience.

Tiny

Whelen Man said:
Yeah Tiny, I noticed that the warranty card I had on the scope listed a GA address but it was old so I checked on the internet and found the CA site with a phone #. With the address change probably so went the service on older scopes.

Just for the heck of it I dug up my owners manual for the one I got last fall,it was printed in 2005 and lists the Ga addy not the Ca.,so you may be right above. ;)

May give the old # a try after the holidays.

BTW I dearly love the Redfields Widefields have several of both the Denver made as well as the newer overseas good but not as good the Denvers.I Hope Meade will some day bring these back and with the old style POST to go along with the 4-plex.

Locksley

Originally Posted By: Whelen Man
Locksley, I've got a couple of the older Redfield scopes that have given good service over the years without any problems. They seem to be dependable.

They have given good service over the years and the old benchrest Redfield scopes with the tall steei mounts similar to the Unertals were good also.

Latest posts