Charlie Strong To ALABAMA

PillsburyDoughboy

BamaProud":snw43u3j said:
Its nuts how many ex head coaches come to Alabama as "analysts"
I don't think its nuts. You keep some of the ex head coaches under thumbs. Tap them for the information they were using against you. Let them stay on till you no longer need them. Perhaps they work into a assistant position one day or they move on. Either way you get some benefit from them.

farmin68

Butch has a 2 your head start on Strong, but the odds are in favor of Charlie graduating from the Nick Saban Analyst Apprenticeship Program before Butch does.

cbhunter

PillsburyDoughboy":2co51pkj said:
https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/17/nick-saban-claims-butch-jones-had-job-opportunities-last-season/

https://volswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/1 ... state-job/

https://thespun.com/college-football/ne ... s-for-2019

Apparently Butch has been offered jobs elsewhere but turned them down. LOL

He wont be making money from Tennessee much longer. Bama pays him nothing (more less). Lets see if Bama offers him a raise when his buyout is over....

You should probably worry about your OC interviewing elsewhere.

PillsburyDoughboy

farmin68":kafqklyd said:
Butch has a 2 your head start on Strong, but the odds are in favor of Charlie graduating from the Nick Saban Analyst Apprenticeship Program before Butch does.
Totally agree with you there. Ive always admired Charlie Strong. I thought Texas should have given him more time to develop the program there and pretty sure that came up in a discussion here at one point. Had they given him more time I think he would have done well there.

Zulu

PillsburyDoughboy":wnhpjm7s said:
Ive always admired Charlie Strong. I thought Texas should have given him more time to develop the program there and pretty sure that came up in a discussion here at one point. Had they given him more time I think he would have done well there.

I like Charlie as well, but he had no chance at Texas. They have the most interfering group of high-end boosters that I've ever seen. The hardest part of a coach's job in Austin isn't recruiting and developing, it's dealing with the oil-money boosters who all think they know how to coach football, and threaten to hold back their donations if the coach doesn't do things their way.

Texas has the second largest endowment in the country (behind Harvard), the largest sports budget, and sits right in the middle of some of the richest recruiting ground in the world where every boy playing Pop Warner dreams of being a Texas Longhorn and a Dallas Cowboy. They should be in the hunt for the national championship every year, but their own boosters won't get out of their way. Charlie is better off somewhere else, and I'm glad we've got him helping out in T-town for time being.

Latest posts