CharGrilled Oysters

John3

Chaneylake":37nokets said:
I have eaten them to many times to count at Acme Oyster Bar in Orange Beach
Now I want to cook them myself

Any tips/experience greatly appreciated

I will be there next week on my kids' spring break. Those will be my appetizer and entree and I couldn't be more excited. One of my all time favorite meals.

GOODWIN

Muffin pan. Shuck oyster. Spoonful butter, garlic, salt, and oyster in each spot. Top with shredded parmasean . Place on grill. Scoop out goodness on piece of French bread.

TAFKAP

We did some in the back alley when we lived on Mud Island. Just throw some fresh whole oysters on a screaming hot grill. These were whole & we didn't shuck them. They'd open up and we'd eat them. Melted some butter in a little cast iron skillet, and everyone just dipped in that.

John3

2 dozen and a cup of gumbo caused a pretty good nap for me last night.

Attachments

• 32805AB3-AA3E-4051-88B8-23F723F603EB.jpeg
    32805AB3-AA3E-4051-88B8-23F723F603EB.jpeg
    85.8 KB · Views: 2,886

Ed B

Best I ever had were at duck camp in middle of nowhere Arkansas. A very nice and generous member invited us to try some that he cooked. It was a flat metal plate over an open fire, dumped a pile of oysters on there, covered with wet burlap sacks. The oysters would steam under the sack. He had a method where he knew exactly when to pull the burlap. Oysters would get moved to edges of the plate that weren't hot and you got handed shucking knife and told to dive in...absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaveB

Say CL-
You know the story that oysters are good for your sex life? well, that's not true.

I bought 3 dozen and only 2 worked.

Chaneylake

sallee-bo":xx4m6fw5 said:
The Keg in Fulton Ky has some really good ones.

I had forgotten about the Keg in Fulton.

when I was in college at Martin(1973 grad) we would go to the Keg every Friday for lunch

a big bowl of white beans, a slice of cornbread that should have been 2 slices and 2 beers

all for the grand total of $2.00 tax included

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Chaneylake":24phc0o0 said:
sallee-bo":24phc0o0 said:
The Keg in Fulton Ky has some really good ones.

I had forgotten about the Keg in Fulton.

when I was in college at Martin(1973 grad) we would go to the Keg every Friday for lunch

a big bowl of white beans, a slice of cornbread that should have been 2 slices and 2 beers

all for the grand total of $2.00 tax included

That will be about $10 now :shock:

Best white beans & cornbread in town now are at the Smokehouse. Wooweee they will hurt ya.

JJ3

Hawk":33mil9a3 said:
Pearl's on Main Street has pretty good ones for Memphis.

https://pearlsoysterhouse.com

Second this. Pearl's has some of the best chargrilled oysters I've had anywhere. I haven't tried fixing them myself, but watching them (and eating them), it looks like they simply snuck off half the shell, put them on the grill, baste with butter, and then I think they baste with a hot barbecue sauce and sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top. Delicious!

Latest posts