Cell cam avoidance

Jcalder

I've noticed the last few years I see more deer during the season since I've went strictly to cell cams. I also have the better of the bucks in daylight throughout the season as well. I hunt in a barn so that helps with intrusion sneaking in and out

TheLBLman

For those of you running several of both cell and regular cams do you tend to notice less mature bucks on the cell cams?
I can't say I've observed any differences.

However, since you can go for much longer timeframes without visiting a cell cam site, I believe that contributes to more deer hanging around the cam site areas.

Even though we CAN leave a regular cam site alone for months, we typically want to see what's been there, so we then have to go there more frequently. But with a cell cam, you see daily, so that cuts out the issue of not knowing what's on the card.

Less disturbance = More daytime deer movement

Shed Hunter

I can't say I've observed any differences.

However, since you can go for much longer timeframes without visiting a cell cam site, I believe that contributes to more deer hanging around the cam site areas.

Even though we CAN leave a regular cam site alone for months, we typically want to see what's been there, so we then have to go there more frequently. But with a cell cam, you see daily, so that cuts out the issue of not knowing what's on the card.

Less disturbance = More daytime deer movement
I had an oddly low amount of mature bucks on them last year compared to my other cams, but this easily could have just been coincidental placement and the fact I was less likely to move them out of.. well laziness.. all of my cell cams sat in the same place from October to even right now unmoved

Madbowh

No scout we'll enough, careful placement of cameras and patience in checking them I've personally found that checking cameras frequently hasn't disturbed anything as much as clearing lanes for bow season does. So now I find his route and set up with the least trimming possible to get good shots

TN Whitetail Freak

I think cam color is the biggest thing. After last year I had a Tasco with the new mossy oak breakup. I ran it from Sept11- Nov 4 with not one deer recognizing it. I replaces that cam with a stealth G42 with its faded camo and kind of looks blueish but the video quality is way better. The first deer I got on video was the number 1 deer I was after. He looked right at it. Acknowledges it then continues on his route. That was the last time he was on that cam but I did catch him on cams 50 and 70 yds away throughout rest of season. From now on all my cams get sprayed with an adhesive and crushed leaves sprinkled on them.

Latest posts