CCI Velocitors 22 load

TennTurkeyHunter

Hey guys I have been using the Winchester 22 loads (the one that has 500 in a box at Wal-Mart). I went to Benton Shooters and got 100 rounds of CCI Mini Mags and 50 rounds of CCI's Velocitors. The Velocitor in the LR 40 gr will shot 1400 FPS and come in hollow point. I shot a tree rat in Tellico last Sunday morning and it took the face off.

I saw on TV where this load went through 5 1" blocks of wood. This is a big load and it will mess up some good limb meat. They say people are using it to hunt Coyotes.

Just my report on the New CCI Velocitors

redblood

Don't see any need for them. A standard high velocity hollow point is more than adequate for squirrels. With all the other guns out there, I would never need to kill a yote with a 22. I bet they are high to boot.

buckdead

I bought a similar load that winchester makes to go squirrel with this year to. SuperSpeed 37 gr. HP @ 1330 FPS.
I hunted with it first week of season and its perty nasty medicine for ole bushy tails. Dont think ill hunt with till after deer season is over with so i can get them head shots.

mike243

i wont use them in a semi auto rifle,they are hard on the buffer.also not to be used in a match chambered gun,the hull is longer & seats too deep,22 mag works better for some critters for me :) ,mike243

Kimberman

I use the Velocitors in a 22 pistol that rides in my work truck. Im not supposed to carrry a weapon at work, but the little 22 hides very well, and if it gets stolen Im not out much. I feel a little more comfortable with something rather than nothing with some of the neighborhoods I have to work/drive through. Im not advocating the use of a 22 for personal defense, but if you are going to limit yourself with a 22 pistol, you might as well shoot the most powerful 22 load out there, and the Velocitors are them.

TennTurkeyHunter

They are high. I gave $8.00 for 50 rounds in the Velocitors and $8.00 for 100 rounds of the Mini Mags. I think I gave about 12 bucks for 500 rounds of the Winchesters a few years back just now running out of them.

I too would not hunt Yotes with a 22 rim fire however, if I have a velocitor load in the gun at 1435 fps hollow point I would take a head shot in a min.

stik

TennTurkeyHunter said:
They are high. I gave $8.00 for 50 rounds in the Velocitors and $8.00 for 100 rounds of the Mini Mags. I think I gave about 12 bucks for 500 rounds of the Winchesters a few years back just now running out of them.

I too would not hunt Yotes with a 22 rim fire however, if I have a velocitor load in the gun at 1435 fps hollow point I would take a head shot in a min.

i would not hesitate to hunt 'yotes with a rimfire.

Latest posts