"Cause I'm Hoppy"

TraumaSlave

So, I've got this 3 legged doe with a smaller doe in tow. They have been coming thru a couple times a week, early mornings. Had her in crossbow range but, didn't pull the trigger. Missing front drivers side. Can't tell if injured or congenital. What are your thoughts? Take her or leave her?

Planking

I had a three legger that lived around my place for a loooong time. She had twins three times. EHD got her.

bigtex

Do what you wish, but if you've seen her multiple times she's probably doing fine.
I had one here on the farm that had a withered front leg, we named her Gimpalena, she hung around for four years. She was one of the wariest does i had ever encountered. She had one or two fawns every year.
We found her dead last winter on the side of the road close to our house. I miss that old doe, but she taught me a lot about deer behavior.
Congrats on giving her a pass!

AllOutdoors

I had doe that lost a leg in a fence. I rescued her. She made it two more years birthing twins each year. I never seen her again. I let a 3 legged yearling buck go that acted fine to never see him again! Its up to you. They may or might not make it. Regardless of our compassion, the strongest survive. Your decision is up to you. And i can't judge. The doe, Im glad i let her walk as she had 2 years to birth twins. The yearling buck, i wish i had taken. Cause i never seen him again.

Fleet Fox

I shot ones leg off from the knee down when I was a kid and she lived for a long time. Healthy as she could be. You could always pick her out of the group because she swung wider turns when she was running away from you.

TraumaSlave

Saw her last night and again this morning. Told my 9 yr old son that she is off limits but, she is good practice for scoping and watching deer habits. She came within 50 yards of us this morning. Watched her and her little one come all the way in from about 500 yards out.

LA man

Same here, had a yearling a few years back showed up with a bad rear leg. I was tempted to put her down but watched her. Her leg got better but never perfect. She later had twins a couple times and last year had a single fawn. Then deer season came around and never seen her again.

Latest posts