Can't Wait

ghostfive

I got an email last night saying I have a Crosman Marauder on the way. This is one of the guns that has been my wish list for a long time and from what they said I will have it in hand soon. Now to talk to the folks at Hawke Optics to see what I can put on top of it.

This is going to be a squirrel and rabbit killer, oh and pigeons in the barn better watch out too.

trealtree

Welcome to the club. Now you need a shroud extension and a lothar Walter barrel installed. Mine is propped by the front door waiting on varmints. It's so accurate I sometimes I don't even shoot at starlings unless they are 40+ yards away, otherwise it's just too easy. :)

ghostfive

Sorry just looked at the replies. The one I have on the way comes with a Green Mountain barrel since it is the 25 caliber with the 4 baffle system installed so from all I have seen it is really quiet.

50% more energy than a 22 this thing should put a beating on some critters. Sure wish it would hurry up and get here.

trealtree

Yeah since you got a .25 there's no need for a different barrel. I put 6 baffles on my .22 and its mouse fart quiet. You will be pleased.

ghostfive

RB The marauder is adjustable I think but wide open it is pushing 1100 fps in 177 and 900 fps in 25. That big pellet is awesome hitting a pigeon or squirrel.

I found a way to increase the number of shots you get per fill by over 40% for $35. I will be looking into that it is just a small hammer buffer you put in.

I will let you know when it gets here and we will definitely go give it a try. Thanks for the invite.

FOX FIRE

If I had the cash to spend a .25 Mrod would be my next gun,been eyeball'n those for a while now, keep us posted & we love us some pics around here...

ghostfive

trealtree said:
Most likely If you install that hdd you will lose about 30 fps and only gain about 6-8 shots. But it still may be worth it to have more consistent fps. I would read up on it in the link below

http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/th ... Comparison
Good read thanks for posting the link.

FOX FIRE said:
If I had the cash to spend a .25 Mrod would be my next gun,been eyeball'n those for a while now, keep us posted & we love us some pics around here...

I will get some pics if it ever shows up. I will be doing articles and videos featuring it too. I will add the links to those if folks are interested.

Latest posts