caney?

B.D.

Lower river is fishing really slow. Upper river has lots of fish but the vast majority are stockers. Occasionally a nice fish pops up but most are in the 11-12 inch range. Plenty to keep you busy but you have to work a bit harder for the big ones than two years ago.

bd

A

Anonymous

B.D. said:
Lower river is fishing really slow. Upper river has lots of fish but the vast majority are stockers. Occasionally a nice fish pops up but most are in the 11-12 inch range. Plenty to keep you busy but you have to work a bit harder for the big ones than two years ago.

bd

YEP...

downsized_0828000956a1.jpg
[/img]

stillinscrubs

B.D. said:
Don't you have some tuna to chase somewhere? :whistle:

bd

What does that have to do with trout on the Caney? I still talk to guys weekly who fish there. They don't have much good to report.

And I am after sailfish and marlin tomorrow. Wish me luck.

B.D.

Mmm hmm. I wish they'd open a season on doctors, but they have to maintain a consumption advisory because they're sooooo full of sh*t.

bd

stillinscrubs

The fishing was dead. Water looked great, bait was around and couldn't troll up a tuna. I went on a friend's boat, cost me a block of chum and some ice. Need some cold fronts to move through and push the sails in close.....

B.D.

I have done a lot of those billfish trips where the water looked great, the weather looked great, the bait was everywhere, and no sails. Even down in Costa Rica I clobbered the big roosterfish, but the sailfish didn't cooperate (in what's supposed to be the best sailfish water since sliced bread). I was plenty content with the roosters though.

bd

B.D.

stik said:
roosters are one of my dream fish.

They do not disappoint. I got one that was around 80 lbs. last time I was in Costa Rica. That was more of a workout than I had bargained for, especially in that hot Central American sun.

bd

Latest posts