Caney Trip

Back Home

Caught my PB wading the Caney today.. 20" Rainbow. Caught three total over 18" plus a bonus 18 3/4 inch Walleye. Numbers weren't there, but the big ones were, and that's all that mattered. I went back to the same place where I caught a good one back on Memorial Day. They were there again.

On a terrible note, my phone got wet on the trip, and it's on the blink now. Made a stupid mistake putting it in the front pocket of the waders. Thought it would stay dry there. Stupid. To make matters worse, it fell off the front porch and onto the concrete and cracked the screen. :oops: It may have started working again if not for that. Now, the chances seem remote. :bash:

Sorry for no pics. Not sure if I could have got them anyway. All the big trout were released of course. Despite the many recreational boaters/yakers, it was a good day.

Back Home

Slow day today. One of the slowest days on the Caney that I can remember. Only a few trout, all small. Lucked up on another Walleye - 16 inches.

Back Home

Nothing fancy, and I'm not fishing for them. I've been trying to catch a brown, so I've been using a whole nightcrawler. I always hook mine one time through the head... small hook... light line.

Bone Collector

Not to hijack, and I admit i have never caught a walleye to my recollection, but the last time I went to the Caney (years ago) we decided (and got rightfully ridiculed by my buddies dad :lol: ) that we were going to use minnows. we were killing them and just running a hook down their throats and out their stomach or back and using ultra light tackle with a small split shot. Me and my buddy caught over 40 a piece mostly browns. They were destroying the minnows.

If you kept the minnow alive I bet it would work better and you might also get a walleye or two that way.

Back Home

I've caught only 4 in the last 20 years here in TN, and three have been this year. Love this idea about minnows too.. I guarantee I'll have them on my next trip.

Latest posts