Busy morning with plenty of target practice.

Hduke86

Got in the woods around 9am after helping my elderly neighbor around the house. It's a short EASY walk to my ladderstand so I just carried my muzzleloader in the case to the stand and I'm glad I did. I get settled in and about 20 minutes later I hear steady steps in the frosty leaves. I look to my right and see a coyote coming down the trail. Instantly a deer hunt turns into coyote killing. I squeak at him to get him to stop and BANG he's dead. Get my muzzleloader reloaded and same thing here comes another squeak and BANG she's dead. I reload again and 30 minutes later I hear steps again but out front to the left thinking it was a deer. NOPE another coyote, squeak squeak he stops BANG he's dead. Now I'm wondering how many reloads do I have in my case. I double check and see I have 2 left so I think I'm good. I don't get reloaded hardly at all and crunch crunch. I look to where I just killed the 3rd coyote and THERE'S ANOTHER ONE. Squeak squeak BANG she's dead and now I have 4 dead coyotes laying around me. I reload my muzzleloader and text @MUP and ask if the coyote rut is on. Im thinking about the thread we had last year about do you shoot a coyote when it's prime rut time and I remember it was about half and half yes and no. Well I'm thinking my morning is over but just about the time Im about to get down I hear chasing and look up and a small 6 is chasing two does. I whistled and the biggest doe stopped. BANG she drops and NOW I AM DONE cause I'm all out of reloads lol. What a wonderful morning to be in the woods and it was one of the more exciting hunts. I loaded up my deer cart with a doe and 2 coyotes and struggled getting out of the woods. Got back to the truck and thought "yup those other two with stay in the woods cause I was worn out"
A52807CF-A95B-42D7-A844-C5F1539F1CE9.jpeg

Latest posts