Buffalo Ridge Trappers Training Camp

Farm manager

As of right now, the training camp is scheduled for the third weekend in February. It's a great opportunity to have hands on training with all types of traps including snares, leghold, dps, and bodygrippers. Live traplines illustrate varieties of sets for all species of furbearers found in TN. Registration usually starts about a month prior.

double browtine

I've been twice. It's a great learning experience if you want to get into trapping. Lots of knowledgeable people there and lots of fun. Met Farm Manager there the second time I went. Alot of people showed up there a couple years ago. Alot more than they had planned for. My kids had a great time. I recommend it for anyone.

Weegee

I went last year and can't recommend it enough. It was free, they fed us all weekend, and the knowledge base of the instructors was outstanding.

swd

Is there an area to tent camp nearby? I would be interested in attending, but I would prefer to camp rather than get a hotel. Too far to drive there and back from Memphis each day.

wildlifefarmer

Plenty of space for tent or campers. After classes is a great time for 1 on 1 with some fine trappers around the campfire

hillbillyfab

Anyone know if this is still scheduled? I tried looking on TWRA's calendar of events, but did not see it. I was thinking of trying to make plans to attend if possible.

hillbillyfab

I found this on FB. Looks like it's a no go.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210108-200155.png
    Screenshot_20210108-200155.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 85

Latest posts