buddy lost his lizard.. and hook.. and weight.. and..

TNReb

We were fishing Sunday. Went to the first spot and my buddy catches a couple on a lizard - his favorite lure to fish.

He lays the rods beside the passenger seat and we take off to the next spot. We stop and he picks up his rod. The lizard is gone. Heck, there's no weight or hook.

I started looking... all of his line was gone! Somehow he managed to push the button on the reel. Apparently the lizard fell off in the water and pulled all of his line off. :mrgreen:

Wiley

The very first ultralight rig that I bought went overboard before I ever fished with it. This was probably 40 year ago. It was a Zebco Underspin that I bought the day before. I was motoring as fast as the little 9.9 Evinrude would go and watching for random flotsam in the river when I saw something coming at me in the air from toward the front of the boat. The button had gotten pushed, lure dropped over the side and when it came to the end of the line it came whizzing by my head. I drug for about 30 minutes but never hooked the line.

TRIGGER

When I first started taking the ole lady night fishing we pulled up in a good spot and I set in the seat and let her get up front to have a better chance of catching one. I was in the drivers seat running the trolling motor with my hummingbird unit while dragging a shaky head. Sure enough she hooked up with a good smallmouth so I flipped the bale and helped her. After she let it go I said enough freebies and picked my spinner bait rod up and started fishing. It wasn't long before I hear a funny noise and remembered my shaky head was still in the water lol. It ran out of line and was headed out of the boat but I caught it in time.

Latest posts