Bucks chasing in Ky

rem270

Went in a little early and moved my cam to a spot i call "the ditch". Hunted there last weekend and killed a doe and seen 2 rubs on fairly big trees. When i went back today there were 2 more trees tore up and 3 more trees where he/they walked by and just barely rubbed the trees. All these rubs within 20 yards of my stand in there.I made a mock scrape and took a leak in it. Decided not to hunt there this evening because i had to cross a big ditch to get to the other side to put my cam on and after sliding down the ditch and dang near breaking my thumb i figured id made to much noise so went to the backside of my property.

Seen 2 small bucks together at 4:50. They both shook the same branch and peed in a scrape (im assuming its a scrape but didnt walk down there). Then 20 mins later another small buck came by and did the same thing.
20 mins later i could see one hole 400yards away on an adjacent property in a corn field and seen a big body deer. Put the binos on him and looked to be a 130ish deer and he was dogging 2 does.

Hope big boy shows up in the morning where them rubs are. Acorns are all over the place too.

rem270

W.Seay said:
Good luck! Oh yeah, the cardinals won! :)

:D heck with them cards!!

JK. The cards definately got a good team. They could easily win the WS again if they play as hard as they did last nite. Im still not routing for them tho, just cant do it :D

BSK

I've noticed a real surge in pictures of bucks "pestering" does pictures in food plots. This is right on schedule for the "false rut" in my area. I don't see it every year, but it looks pretty strong this year. The "false rut" usually occurs almost exactly 30 days prior to the start of peak breeding.

Latest posts