Browning Maxus ii ....anybody have?

Roadracer6

I'm looking at getting a new auto to be used for turkey/upland/ducks/geese etc and was curious if anybody here had any feedback. I'm looking at either the matte black in 3.5" or the Wicked Wing 3.5" Auric with the cerakote finish on barrel....both probably 26" barrel.

I like the black, but also like the benefits of the cerakote finish. I've got a buddy that has one and I love the feel of it and it shoots very well. Anybody have feedback? Browning has 8% rebate until the 15th so figured I would utilize that benefit. I currently have multiple shotgun options and mainly use my 835 for turkey.

Thanks for any info!

Swamp

I have one and really like it. My M2 stayed in the safe all duck season. I have two of the original Maxus and definitely like ll better. I use a 20 for turkey, but my son used the ll last year and went 3 for 3 with it.

Roadracer6

Thanks for the info. I think after a ton of research and calling multiple stores/dealers, I'm going to go with the A5 Wicked Wing 26" in 3.5". Most of the dealers wouldn't even recommend the maxus ii due to overwelming issues with jamming. Talked to a guy that owns 3 and every single one is a single shot because the shells don't cycle if you don't use the 3.5" shot. Apparently it's a known issue, not everybody has problems but if a dealer won't even recommend them, I think I'll go a different route. I do love the feel of them and have shot one that didn't have issues all the time but it was very inconsistent. At the time I didn't realize how many of them had issues though.

Latest posts