Brined Turkey

Cy

If you haven't ever "brined" a turkey for Thanksgiving, you should try it. It's almost foolproof in terms of turning out a roast turkey that's really moist every time. I tried this recipe for the first time several years ago (there's a bunch of brining recipes) and it's cheap and easy. Make sure you keep the bird below 40 degrees. I thaw most of the way in the fridge, then put a trash bag down in a cooler 18 - 24 hours ahead of cooking time, put together the brine in the trash bag, and throw in the half-thawed turkey.

Yum, yum.

The recipe for the brine is on down in the recipe. I just use the brine...never even looked at the rest of the recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emer ... index.html

Pam

I need to try that this year for Thanksgiving and on the wild turkey breast too.

thanks!

Pam

Wildcat said:
I've been posting my 3 different turkey brinds on here for years and it's almost time to do it again.

They were awesome too, I hate I never got around to trying it!

green doe

Brining is the way to go for sure. I only make turkey breasts, not a whole turkey, but it works for them.

ferg

Cy said:
If you haven't ever "brined" a turkey for Thanksgiving, you should try it. It's almost foolproof in terms of turning out a roast turkey that's really moist every time. I tried this recipe for the first time several years ago (there's a bunch of brining recipes) and it's cheap and easy. Make sure you keep the bird below 40 degrees. I thaw most of the way in the fridge, then put a trash bag down in a cooler 18 - 24 hours ahead of cooking time, put together the brine in the trash bag, and throw in the half-thawed turkey.

Yum, yum.

The recipe for the brine is on down in the recipe. I just use the brine...never even looked at the rest of the recipe.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/emer ... index.html

I have made this the last 3 years - it's REALLY REALLY good - he has a cranberry glazed turkey that is awesome as well I made a couple of years back :)

Bagg-it Tag-it

Instead of marinading, I started brining all my wild game. Duck breasts, turkey breasts, deer steaks, backstraps....take enough water to cover whatever game you are brining. If it is a gallon of water, use a half cup of salt and a half cup of brown sugar. Stir them in the water until it is dissolved, then add the wild game for 48 hours. then serve however you want. I like to grill it rare.

Latest posts