Bow double

Radar

I hunted a select cutover in Hickman county this morning . The wind was picking up ,and had a doe come in at around 6:30 am . She came in quickly down the mowed trail , I bleated to stop her as she quartered away , and she paused just long enough at 15 yards to send a Slick trick through her rib cage . I watched her run off a ways into the brush and noted where I last saw a bush move near a trail .
I quickly nocked an arrow out of habit . A minute later I noticed a decent buck moving past my stand . I bleated to stop him at 20 yards as he quatered away past my stand , and he paused behind a sumac . I had a small opening to slip an arrow through , and I let it fly .
The arrow struck the boiler room in nearly the same spot as I shot the doe . I couldn't have asked for a better angle .
He was a 8 point , not my biggest buck ,but a decent buck for this unmanaged tract of land . The doe was an older doe , with plenty of fat .
I'm worn out from processing deer .
P.S. I shot these two with my "off brand" PSE Mach X . That makes 4 deer with this bow , and one with the Mathews this year . It's been a good season so far . :)
101_0772.jpg

101_0765.jpg

101_0768.jpg

richmanbarbeque

Good looking Buck, Scott. next one is mine. Congrats on a double, you are having a great year. :cool:
Thanks for not waiving the "gang" number of deer you've shot and the puffed up chest look. :grin:

Radar

richmanbarbeque said:
Good looking Buck, Scott. next one is mine. Congrats on a double, you are having a great year. :cool:
Thanks for not waiving the "gang" number of deer you've shot and the puffed up chest look. :grin:

That buck was heavier than I thought it would be for a 2.5 year old . I about put my back out getting him on the 4 wheeler by myself . Time to hold out for a bigger buck now . I might stick a few more does if given the opportunity .I have been blessed with good luck this year .

eddie c

GREAT JOB SCOTT!!!!!!!!

I was gonna do the 'off brand' comment with my longbow if I get another one with it but you beat me to it. :grin:

Latest posts