Bought this old side lock for 50 bucks!

Viper (tp)

Its an older cva hawkins same model I started out with. The wood and brass is in great shape, the barrel needs blue-in, inside the barrel looks good also. Just thought it would be fun to go back in years, with the older cva, and lets some hair fly like back in the day.
cvahawkin002.jpg

cvahawkin001.jpg

A

Anonymous

It is a nice looking gun for the money but i honestly do not think that it is a CVA.. looks more like a Thompson Center Hawken to me..and i am sure that it is.. if you gave only 50 bucks for it then you stole it!!

A

Anonymous

Hmmm..i wonder if someone has changed the barrel on it? That stock..tigger guard and patch box looks exactly like the Thompson's..I am not arguing the fact it is a CVA.. just that it looks really close to a Thompson is all..

cdw338

I have a Thompson Center just like it that I made from a kit
over 30 years ago. I took it to the range one time and fired
it about five times and it has been hanging on my den wall from
that time till present.
I was looking through some paper a couple of days ago that had how to making it and shows the parts list.

Odocoileus v.

I was thinking it looked just like my T/C Hawken. Could be someone put a CVA barrel on the T/C stock. I still hunt with mine, iron sights and all, .45 cal. Had it for 30 years and haven't seen a need in going inline. Still drops them in their tracks with T/C Maxi Hunters. Plus it's just fun to kill deer with and rag my buddies for spending too much money on their fancy guns.

Latest posts