Boston butt seasoning

duckriver

What's the best you've found or the best mixture of your own? I'm going to smoke another one soon but want better seasoning

BamaProud

8 tablespoons light brown sugar
3 tablespoons kosher salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon jalapeno seasoning
1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

johnlg1234

Go to cabnit grab this and that this and that.salt,pepper.and Brown sugar.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors

Co op has Carls.
Seen it at Walmart in Dickson the other day for the first time. It's great on meat and I couldn't imagine a pot of white beans without it.

WTM

farmin68":19tdwkn9 said:
Meathead on amazingribs.com has a recipe that is very popular. Fair warning; that site can be addictive.

http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pas ... _dust.html

thanks for the link im gonna try that rub as it is pretty close to what i do now which is 1/2 c white sugar, 1/2 c light brown sugar, 3 tbs emiral's pork rub, 1 tbs soul food seasoning per butt or rack of ribs.

TraumaSlave

Salt,pepper,garlic powder, onion powder, chili and chipotle powder,paprika. I skip the brown sugar because I have found that it melts and restricts smoke reception.

farmin68

WTM":2fgh8i14 said:
farmin68":2fgh8i14 said:
Meathead on amazingribs.com has a recipe that is very popular. Fair warning; that site can be addictive.

thanks for the link im gonna try that rub as it is pretty close to what i do now which is 1/2 c white sugar, 1/2 c light brown sugar, 3 tbs emiral's pork rub, 1 tbs soul food seasoning per butt or rack of ribs.

WTM, have you had a chance to try the Memphis Dust?

WTM

farmin68":179xkvk3 said:
WTM":179xkvk3 said:
farmin68":179xkvk3 said:

WTM, have you had a chance to try the Memphis Dust?

going to this weekend, but got to find some ginger powder. meathead said its important and not to leave it out lol.

farmin68

WTM":2lxo7kjy said:
well farmin, the memphis dust was superb even though i left out the ginger because my wife hates it and can smell it a mile away.

That's awesome.

Were you cooking on a pit or a smoker?

WTM

farmin68":2z4jlkj6 said:
WTM":2z4jlkj6 said:
well farmin, the memphis dust was superb even though i left out the ginger because my wife hates it and can smell it a mile away.

That's awesome.

Were you cooking on a pit or a smoker?

double upright smoker with hickory chunks. rubbed st louis ribs smoked for 3 hours then wrapped in foil with sweet baby ray hickory and brown sugar sauce on top. cooked for another hour and fifteen minutes in the oven to finish. i havent tried it on butt yet but it should be good on it and should glaze some nice bark. now if i could just get tommy's finish sauce right i will be set.(almost there but not quite, dude should have given me the recipe before he closed the smoke shack)

here is how i like em, tender and sticky.

image_zpswbf2ftho.jpeg
[/URL]

BIGB

I use Legg's Old Plantation BBQ Seasoning. mix it with brown sugar and rub it on. Legg's also has a good breakfast sausage seasoning for your venison.