Bobcats

Crosshairy

First one I ever saw while hunting was on a dove hunt when I was about 14. I was hunched over sitting on a bucket at the corner of a field edge in high grass, and heard a twig snap behind me. I looked over my shoulder, and a bobcat was in a low crawl towards me, only about 20 feet away. I spun around and shot it, then nearly hyperventilated because I thought I'd had a near-death experience. I'm quite sure, in hindsight, that I could have stood up and scared it off, but you could not tell that to the teenage version of myself. That cat wasn't big at all, or I would have tried to get it mounted.

I've seen a handful more over the years while hunting, with the most recent being 2 years ago in Fayette County. That one stalked a fox squirrel right in front of me while I was up in my climber. The squirrel saw it at the last second and escaped up a tree, but it sure was fun to watch! I took a video of most of the event unfolding that I'll have to dig up.

catman529

Seen 3 or 4 while hunting and a bunch of trail cam pics. There are plenty of them here in Williamson and Maury county

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts