bobcats

Nhill

Reminder: bobcat season does not start until Nov 22.

It seems like every year someone posts a picture of a bobcat that they shot before the season starts.

Rackseeker

Nhill said:

It seems like every year someone posts a picture of a bobcat that they shot before the season starts.

Yeah but I really don't understand why people kill them. I have been lucky to have seen several while hunting. I got some really good pics of one several years ago while hunting a bluff line, sitting behind a fallen tree.

plinker22

I watched a small bobcat from my stand 2 weeks ago. It was at 40 yds, walking and scratching a log.

It had been several years since I have seen one while hunting. That year I killed one, drew my bow twice on bobcats and saw 8 others. It was an amazing year for seeing bobcats. Weird.

They sure are beautiful.

catman529

seen one last week while hunting. it was about 15 yards from the stand and saw me. spooked like a stray cat on steroids

plinker22

Pic of the largest bobcat I ever saw while in a stand hunting. This guys size actually was scary to me. This was back in 2006 or 2007.

DSC008811.jpg

Boll Weevil

I've begun to see them and get cam pics pretty regular. There's a mama and 2 kittens that have been sticking around the farm and I get photos of single males occasionally.

Deck78

Opening morning of bow season this year I had a bobcat come in right at gray dawn and follow the deer trail right past my tree. The best part was the bobcat stopped at the base of my tree and sharpened its claws for a mintue before heading on. Would have been an awesome video!

htnseymour

I have one that frequents the trophy rock by one of our cameras. Beautiful too, lot's of spots. Probably will let him walk, but man it would be cool mounted. Hate to kill it, it's been around for a couple years now.

EastTNHunter

2-Step Enabled
Rackseeker said:
Nhill said:

Yeah but I really don't understand why people kill them. I have been lucky to have seen several while hunting. I got some really good pics of one several years ago while hunting a bluff line, sitting behind a fallen tree.

I have killed one that was close to 30 pounds several years ago, but have let numerous others walk. The landowner on the private property that I hunt does not like bobcats being around because of their children, so I usually don't tell them about them. Now yotes, on the other hand, won't get a pass if I get a chance at them.

Winchester

I too have been fortunate to see a lot of them over the years, from big males to Mommas with kittens. I finally decided to kill one on Goby many years ago and have it mounted. Before or after Ive had no interest in killing another, I like watching them as they can move a silent as anything in the woods!

Frank G

I have seen two this season so far. One was a large male (guessing by his size) and a second walking a log across a small stream. Last season watched a mama walking with two kittens. Interesting to watch. Thought ....... guess I will not see a turkey today.

Latest posts