Blackstone vs others

Travis G.

Looking for griddle suggestions. Is Blackstone the best? I saw a pretty nice looking nexgrill 30" version at Home Depot. Also not sure what size I want. Seems like the 28" is a little small but the 36" 4 burner is more than I need.

mike243

You can lite only the burners you need, cant lite them if you don't have them lol, I bought a 36" and used it for several years, it is a BS, the grandkids stopped coming over as much. bought a single burner 17" and for 2 people it's great, go 1 size bigger than you think you will use a lot, stay with a steel finish as the Teflon and other coatings will come off at some point, my son has my old 1 and he probably doesn't use it much but I know where to repo it if I need xtra room. they are pretty simple find a drain system you can drain easy is about the only advice.

Urban_Hunter

I have a 4 burner blackstone and my camper came with a pull out 19 inch greystone (I assume a knockoff). The greystone is way better in me experience. Gets hot fast, gets hotter in the cold weather, the grease catch is better thought out. The top even comes off and it came with a grill rack like a gas grill though I haven't used it

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Mine is a little different. I have a Cusinart that is 36" and is round instead of rectangular. I can't say it's better than the others but I like it a lot, and the only negative I would say is that it doesn't have a "rim" or anything to stop food from going off the side. When I make fried taters or fajitas it can be difficult to not lose any off the edge. The grease trap does go all the way around it so they don't drop in the ground.

Omega

Read (and watched YouTube)when doing mine that animal fat wasn't good for the first seasoning of the grill. Of course they recommended their seasoning grease or oil but I just got a can of crisco for mine.

Travis G.

I agree on the avocado oil. I'm just starting using it. I have been doing a lot of reading about seed oils and the detrimental effect on health. Trying to stick to olive avocado oil and butter/ghee

Lt.Dan

I agree on the avocado oil. I'm just starting using it. I have been doing a lot of reading about seed oils and the detrimental effect on health. Trying to stick to olive avocado oil and butter/ghee
I'm fixing to make up a batch of clarified butter. It's definitely better for hashbrowns. Probably many other things also.

Latest posts