black pictures @ night

old buck 171

I have a moultrie I-35 trail cam that will take black pictures at night.My others work fine, but this one will not flash{infrared} @night.Any help or suggestions on fixes would be appreciated.

FIREMANJIM

Does it do color pics during the day and IR pics at night?? If yes than the exchanger lens is stuck in the daytime position. If no than the cds sensor is gone bad. The unit can not tell when it is day or night.

old buck 171

yes color in day & IR@ night. What if anything can I do to fix it?I do not know a lot of technical terminology concerning trail cams,but I can follow a blue print.or diagram.I can replace parts if I can get them.

FIREMANJIM

Do you have the camera at home?? If so set it up and when it gets dark go out and see if the LED Array is lighting up when the camera is triggered....maybe we can figure this out.

old buck 171

I setup camera,red LED lights fired when cam is triggered.I only get pics @ night if I am 6-8 feet away,if I am any farther away cam & LED triggers but pic is black.TRied it at 10 yds & 15yds.

FIREMANJIM

Filter is stuck in the daytime position. The fused silica insert which makes your day pictures see color is stuck over the lens. The lens can not "see" the IR light the leds are putting out. You need this insert to move out of the way. Still could be the cds sensor not telling the unit "hey it is dark outside so flip the lens". Is the cam still under warranty?? I will try to fix it for you but I can make no promises.

Latest posts