Black Gate cell cams

JAY B

I have not seen anyone on here mentioning running the Black Gate cell cams so i am going to be the test dummy. I will have 2 of the R4G models in the field starting tuesday and will try to remember to share updates and pics for anyone interested . I am running 8 tactacams (6 reveal X, 2 XB) at the moment and i am pretty pleased overall with them considering the price point.

puppy

Very interested, been looking at a R4G Lite, if I understand it correctly the only difference is no video with the Lite??? Please share your results.

JAY B

I've ran a few black gates for years now . They work flawless and take good pics for the price range. The guys that own it are friends with my friends from Ohio I hunt with . Customer service is best there
Didnt realize they had been out that long . I am going to give these a few more days before I share my experience with them.

JAY B

Updates on the camera?
They are working well for me and what I am looking for out of a budget cell camera. Battery life is not the best (8aa),but not terrible. Pic quality is ok, can be great if the lighting is just right . Trigger speed seems good , app is pretty easy to navigate. Overall I would give 7/10 from my experience. Keep in mind I have only used Browning and Tactacam cell cameras. Currently running 7 tactacam reveal X and 5 Blackgate RG4 lite models, hope this helps.

JAY B

Which do you like best?
Each have their own pros and cons, overall if i could only run 1 it would be the tactacam as of right now. I like the app better than the Blackgate and the way it shows most recent pic sent no matter which camera vs having to click on individual camera to see those pics, small fuss but just my preference. BTW the price on the Blackgate plan is the best in the business i believe, good luck whichever route you take.

dustycoyote

Each have their own pros and cons, overall if i could only run 1 it would be the tactacam as of right now. I like the app better than the Blackgate and the way it shows most recent pic sent no matter which camera vs having to click on individual camera to see those pics, small fuss but just my preference. BTW the price on the Blackgate plan is the best in the business i believe, good luck whichever route you take.
Any feedback on range of the flash and detection sensor?
Lots of cams don't live up to their marketed range specs....

I'm looking to replace several Browning cams. Considering Tactacam x pro and stealth detector cams right now but am thinking I may want to do the Black gate instead.

Any thoughts on reliability, durability? Sensor range and how well it picks up game??

I'm going to be adding some solar battery packs so not to worried about battery life but would love any additional thoughts and preferences you may have.

Latest posts