Big thanks to Crow Terminator

416wbymag

Spent yesterday morning in the field with him and my brother. Learned a lot in the ways of relic hunting. It just got way too hot, way too fast.

Found one three ringer before I started melting in the sun.

Thanks again Crow, it was good meeting you and mighty nice hunting with you....

Crow Terminator

Nice meeting with ya'll yesterday. We'll do it again when it don't absolutely drain us digging one single hole. The 96 degrees and ground hard as a brick don't go good for digging holes in a wide open field. I think I ended up with 6 bullets and left several in the ground that I didn't even try to dig.

On your V3, if you are relic hunting in a decently clean area with not a lot of trash, put it in the All Metal audio and you'll get the most depth out of it. If you are just out hunting in general, say relic hunting in a trashy site or coin hunting, the only adjustment you have to make is to the Audio, and there you will put it in Disc audio. The fast recovery speed (40 setting) will help you out a BUNCH in trashy sites.

As noted, the field we were in is extremely mineralized, so most VLF detectors don't do good there BUT if we would have been in a site where the ground wasn't so bad, you guys would have been nailing those bullets 8-10 inches EASY and your V3 would have also been correctly IDing them, instead of giving them over to an IRON ID.

Latest posts