Best scope under $400?

thehoytman

I have been looking at Leupold VX-2,Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss Conquest. What is the best scope under $400 did I leave one off the list? Looking for something 40mm or bigger the low needs to be no higher then 4 and top end I would like to be 9 power or higher.

PM me if u have something I need in East,TN

trap55555

2-Step Enabled
thehoytman said:
I have been looking at Leupold VX-2,Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss Conquest. What is the best scope under $400 did I leave one off the list?

"looking at Leupold VX-2,Nikon Monarch, and Zeiss Conquest".
I'd say your on the right track with these. Might be able to pick up a used VX-III or VX-3 if your not in a hurry.

Good Luck,

Howa

VX3's are pretty sweet, there were 2 lightly used ones for sale on tndeer in the last week or so, one for $300 and the other for $325, I bought a new Zeiss on sale a couple of weeks ago at Cabelas.com for $279, no tax and free shipping........for that price you WILL NOT beat it!

hunt_4646

I have Minox AZ3 and the optics are very clear and bright. With the BDC reticule the cross hair is a little smaller that some but needed for distance shooting. The optics show animals and trees in the dawn before I can even see crosshair. The adjustment caps feel "different" and that is the only questionable part that I have with my scope. I have only used it this deer season so others who have the Minox scopes can give better experience regarding durability. Optics are great. Power selector is smooth and short twist making it very easy to change power settings.

Crow Terminator

I have the ZA3 Minox and love it. I got mine as an open box demo from CameralandNy for $189 a couple yrs ago. I have since bought another, although not for that price. I have no problems with their open box demo stuff since it comes with full warranty.

7mm08

Santa just brought me a new Conquest 3-9x for my "new" 7mm08 Remmy 700 Buckmaster I bought off of Classified here. Very very bright, even with these old eyes.

JimFromTN

I have a minox ZA5 1.5-8x33. I love it. Its very clear. The one I pointed out is my next purchase. I just need to buy a new rifle first to put it on.