Best bow under $400

whatnoise

So....what is it!!???

Bare bow, no accessories.
I know it really boils down to what feels best in my hand, but I am hoping to narrow down the bows to go try out.

Here is a list of possibles...

Fred Bear Showdown
Fred Bear Lights Out
Mission X3
Parker Wildfire XP
PSE Brute
PSE Octane
PSE Stinger
Redhead Kronik (package)
Reflex Bighorn

Thanks in advance.

JDBinTN

TheAirMan said:
I haven't held or shot any of them but I can tell you Parker has excellent customer service.

For the money Parker is the way to go made as well as anything and will perform with bows that are much more expensive.

whatnoise

Well, I'm back from Bass Pro with an answer to my own question, and a new bow! Thanks for the advice though!

After shooting all the bows on my list, the Kronik won me over. Night and day difference from the who knows how old PSE Deerhunter I have been shooting. It was nearly a toss-up between it and the PSE Brute, but the Kronik is more than a pound lighter than the Brute, and that sealed the deal for me.

I also bought a stabilizer that balances the bow nearly perfectly in my hand. I also will be swapping out the sight and rest that came on it for what I have on my old bow (Tru-Glow Extreme, and Ripcord)

I now have to start shooting to get ready for my first ever bow season!!!! I'm stoked!!!

Latest posts