Bees?

Sako

I am one of the lucky ones.... lots of bees... but I have a guy who keeps bees within a mile of me.

WTM

Poser said:
I guess I am relying on the ants to handle pollination this year. -haven't seen a single bee anywhere in or around the garden. Last year was noticeably slim as far as bee appearances.

Anyone having the same problem? If there is a mass die off of bees, for whatever reason, and we are beginning to experience the tangible side effects (no bees to pollinate), then we are going to be in a world of hurt on a large scale in coming years.

to answer your question, yes, there has been a mass die off starting with varorra and tracheal mites. just when we had that to a manageable degree, then we get hit with colony dwindling phenomena about 5 years ago. it has hit all over the world, colonies just disappearing. to this day i still dont think they have nailed down what causes it, but it may be contributed a virus.

i wouldnt worry about it, there are other bees than can do pollination, not just to the extent that honey bees can.

Latest posts