Bear Grease podcast...(gobblin' turkeys)

DoubleRidge

Not any good at posting links.....but for those who follow the podcast Bear Grease.... Episode 48 is an interesting conversation on the history of the turkey call along with the challenges the wild turkey faces in the southeast.

JCDEERMAN

I've been meaning to check that one out. I'll go ahead and subscribe. MeatEater, Wired to Hunt and Land & Legacy are good ones as well. Thanks for the recommendation!

AT Hiker

I got around to listening to this over my lunch break walks. I HIGHLY suggest listening. Will Primos and his story was very cool, he sounds like a truly great person that worked his butt off (even if he sells decoys :p ).
Dr Chamberlain of course was Dr Chamberlain. Dropping the hard truths some of us (including some within state agencies) just don't want to hear or seem to ignore. He discussed what I've been debating a couple "biologist" on. That's, the only main thing a state game agency can do is control bag limits. He acknowledged that our bag limits were set on certain criteria that no longer holds true, such as poult production and current harvest is not sustainable.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I listened to it on the way home from work today, and I thought it was great. I watched those early Primos videos a million times, and learned a lot from Will and Cuz about turkeys and how to hunt them. I also think a lot of Chamberlain and I'm glad he puts a lot of onus on how hunters ought to be taking care of the resource instead of just killing. Even guys on here say often things like "if it's legal then it's ok" or "to each his own" no matter how those things may negatively impact the resource…in this case the turkey population. I have confidence that turkeys can survive and thrive in spite of habitat loss (if they can live in North Dakota they can live anywhere) and predation, but mismanagement and greedy hunters who kill all they can at all costs is going to be hard to overcome. It's up to us.

Displaced_Vol

Just listened to it the other day and enjoyed it. Not wild about that style of podcast, it felt like I was trying to listen to a TV show without the video. Just personal preference and I have all the episodes about the Arkansas green tree reservoirs saved to listen to soon.

AT Hiker

Just listened to it the other day and enjoyed it. Not wild about that style of podcast, it felt like I was trying to listen to a TV show without the video. Just personal preference and I have all the episodes about the Arkansas green tree reservoirs saved to listen to soon.
I was talking to a friend last night and he said the same thing, I personally like how it is produced. Crisp, clear and clean...I do understand your description of it but like it that way, lol.

What I cannot stand is Jay Scotts podcast. I can barely hear it as the audio is horrific. Its like his microphone is in a box across the room, half the time his guests audio is either louder or more quite. If he didnt talk about important western info I wouldnt listen to him.

LanceS4803

Clay Newcomb, founder of Bear Hunting magazine, is a pretty cool guy. Mixed feelings on him joining MeatEater (just because I didn't want Clay to get lost in their growing inventory of writers/content producers), but I like his content. And, the magazine continues.

th88

On the next episode (the render of the one in this post) they make it clear they fully support reduced seasons and 1 bird limits. The Chamberlain worship is strong.

Can't wait til we can get a 1 bird limit here in TN! Spread the wealth!

Latest posts