Bass on KY lake

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Reckon a man would do any good flipping bushes tomorrow?
Didn't know if they had moved up yet or already come and gone.
Never know anymore what they gonna do LOL

Gonna go with tophat tomorrow and try for some ditch pickles while we scan for bream & shellcrackers.

WTM

yeah if you talking about the LMB spawn its done by this time but a lot of fish will still be shallow feeding up on bluegill, shad and minnow spawns. a lot of folks think that they go immediately to the ledges postspawn, not true. follow the food and right now and a lot of it is shallow. if you get there early enough throw some topwater.

as far as bluegill on KY lake folks, especially guides, have hammered the piss out of them for the last five years and its starting to show. releasing all the females and small males but keeping the bigger fish is an old fashioned idea. you cant rape beds and expect fish to be there the next year and they are realizing that now. scan a little deeper and you might find some.

Crow Terminator

WTM hit it for how it currently is here. The bulk of bass have spawned but not all. I was still seeing some on beds last week but they were far/few between. On Watts Bar and the Chick they are in that transition phase. Some of the early spawners have made it to the ledges but the bulk of them seem to be somewhere between the spawning bays and the main river ledges. I found a decent school of them Tuesday that were on a hump between the spawning area and the main river channel. But I idled and scanned a long time before I found that school.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
yeah if you talking about the LMB spawn its done by this time but a lot of fish will still be shallow feeding up on bluegill, shad and minnow spawns. a lot of folks think that they go immediately to the ledges postspawn, not true. follow the food and right now and a lot of it is shallow. if you get there early enough throw some topwater.

as far as bluegill on KY lake folks, especially guides, have hammered the piss out of them for the last five years and its starting to show. releasing all the females and small males but keeping the bigger fish is an old fashioned idea. you cant rape beds and expect fish to be there the next year and they are realizing that now. scan a little deeper and you might find some.
Yep I have been hearing that about the bream.
I really hope people will abide by the limits on Carroll Lake.
From what I have seen in my trips there last year and this one that place could be an amazing bream fishery if treated right.
Maybe the $6 or $7 fee will keep it from turning into another Garrett Lake.

Maybe we can get on a few ditch pickles anyway.

WTM

WTM hit it for how it currently is here. The bulk of bass have spawned but not all. I was still seeing some on beds last week but they were far/few between. On Watts Bar and the Chick they are in that transition phase. Some of the early spawners have made it to the ledges but the bulk of them seem to be somewhere between the spawning bays and the main river ledges. I found a decent school of them Tuesday that were on a hump between the spawning area and the main river channel. But I idled and scanned a long time before I found that school.
thats almost verbatum of the advice that i gave another member in a PM a week or two ago and the patterns are the same year after year. only two things will change those patterns on KY lake and that is unseasonal temps/water levels and asian carp. LMB live in a loop and if you keep good notes and fish often enough, you can generally pinpoint where they are within that loop any time of the year.

Latest posts