Barnett Jackal

Snowwolfe

As a newbie getting into crossbows I didn't want to spend a bunch of money. Picked up a Jackal on Amazon for about $230 delivered. Ditched the red dot that came with it and added a Nikon crossbow scope. I didn't know what to expect so set up a target at 20 yards. 3 shots later there were 3 bolts touching. Moved back to 30 yards and shot again with same results. Next we will screw broad heads on some bolts and keep them for practice and sight in. 150 pound pull so the wife can not chocolate chip cookie it but we can live with that.
For the money spent we are very impressed. Always been a big fan of "you get what you pay for" but the Jackal is an exception to the rule. Sure glad we didn't spend the extra cash for a higher end model.

Atchman2

I can't shoot mine at the same target or it will Robin Hood the arrows. I've never taken a deer my fault but have taken several turkeys with mine.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

pressfit

I shot my jackal once with the cocking rope still attached... it about ripped a couple of finger nails off and batted me up across the head...

duckduck84

RandyinTN":3ed1bv8q said:
Atchman2":3ed1bv8q said:
Did you not buy a cocking rope?

No
Randy,
I bought one that doesn't work very well with my older style crossbow. It's an Allen brand cocking rope. You can have it if you want.ill send it to you.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

Atchman2

I bought the Barnett one. Sometimes you have to ahorten the rope. This is true with different Barnett models.

Latest posts