Barnett Jackal

Atchman2

I've had a Jackal for a year now. I haven't really had too much of a chance to hunt with it as I got it late in the season last year.

Before turkey season, I got rid of the red dot and put on a regular 4x crossbow scope.All the arrows tend to touch when I shoot it! Never got to shoot at a turkey though.

For the price, I just don't know if you can beat one of these things. I'll likely get a newer model crossbow next year and hand the Jackal down to my son. Since I normally suck at shooting my compound bow, I'm taking the Jackal into the stand on opening day. :)

Atchman2

I guess the thing to remember is though they aren't an expensive crossbow, they may have been state of the art a few years back. I have an older compound bow. I might be naive, but a 65 lb bow is a 65 lb bow isn't it?

I heard someone on TV say the other night, that no matter how fast the crossbow, you aren't going to prevent them from jumping the string. To me then the idea is to put an accurate shot on target. That was why I switched to the nicer crossbow scope. I can really shoot tight groups with it.

I'm ready to go! The only thing I need to do is to mount my camera to the top of the scope so that I can film for you guys. :)

Atchman2

Here is my camera setup. This was taken last year. I've since got a camera that is all black.

That is why I like the idea of crossbow hunting. I don't have to aim the camera it just takes a picture of what I'm seeing.

Atchman2

I went out and gave the Jackal one more workout. This time I used my hunting arrows. After a couple of minor scope adjustments,I put one in a quarter sized target at 30 yards. Then I "Robin Hooded" one at 20 yards. I think she is ready to hunt tomorrow. :)

TNGunhunter

We got a Jackal last year. Killed three deer with it. My wife got her first deer EVER with it last year. It shoots straight and flat enough for me, so I won't be upgrading any time soon!!

hitek7

May look at getting my daughter one. The trigger pull on hers is terribly hard. How is it on the Jackal?

Atchman2

Seems okay to me, but I have very little frame of reference. The thing about them is they are pretty loud. It is very loud compared to my PSE bow. I don't have any dampeners on it though.

LanceS4803

Atchman2 said:
Seems okay to me, but I have very little frame of reference. The thing about them is they are pretty loud. It is very loud compared to my PSE bow. I don't have any dampeners on it though.

My Quad 400 is loud! I had dampeners on it, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
I shot a doe last week with my Hoyt compound and was astounded at how quiet it was going back to a regular bow.

Latest posts