barbeque sauce

Mossy Rack

Does anybody have a simple recipe? I cooked a shoulder in the oven pulled the meat off the bone but have failed 3 times at making barbeque sauce that I like. The meat is awesome but want some sauce that is homade.

mike243

1 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
3 cups ketchup (recommended: Heinz)
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup honey
Directions
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and saute for 1 minute. Add balsamic vinegar and reduce by half. Add ketchup, brown sugar, and honey; bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly
this is a great 1,easy to make & something not found in any restaraunt that i have found,it can be kicked up with your favorite pepper if you like,i like the McCormick chipotle chili pepper,1/2 teaspoon to this amount,i also add black pepper after i reduce it

TennesseeRains

rabbit hunter said:

:eek:

...So, talking about a good recipe and not posting it breaks a cardinal rule of the cooking forum. Better watch out, the cooking forum's mod is a stickler for the rules.

:D

rabbit hunter

So sorry........Hope you enjoy it

64 oz white vinegar
64 oz ketchup
10 oz l&p worshire sauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lite brown sugar
1/4 cup crushed red pepper
1/4 cup black pepper
1 tbs salt
1/4 cup paprika
1 tsp tabasco

Boil your ketchup and vinegar, add the rest of ingredients and stir often. bring this to a boil for about 5 minutes and then simmer about 15-20 minutes stirring often. let cool and I pour mine back into the ketchup and vinegar bottles for storage. great all around sauce, basting, cooking, pouring on ready to eat food. my youngest son eats it on everything.

WRbowhunter

rabbit hunter said:

64 oz white vinegar
64 oz ketchup
10 oz l&p worshire sauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lite brown sugar
1/4 cup black pepper
1 tbs salt
1/4 cup paprika
1 tsp tabasco

Boil your ketchup and vinegar, add the rest of ingredients and stir often. bring this to a boil for about 5 minutes and then simmer about 15-20 minutes stirring often. let cool and I pour mine back into the ketchup and vinegar bottles for storage. great all around sauce, basting, cooking, pouring on ready to eat food. my youngest son eats it on everything.

Sounds great and pretty similar to a recipe we use but we add mustard. Its a South Carolina thang.

Mossy Rack

no but I got the ingredients and some meat thawing now will make it and try soon I will sure let you know and thank you for sharing. I am gonna cut the amount in half I reckon it won't matter. I didn't have the money to buy all that amount here at xmas time. lol

cdw338

rabbit hunter said:

64 oz white vinegar
64 oz ketchup
10 oz l&p worshire sauce
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup lite brown sugar
1/4 cup black pepper
1 tbs salt
1/4 cup paprika
1 tsp tabasco

Latest posts