Banish Backcountry Can Arrived

UTGrad

My first suppressor arrived today, Banish Backcountry. I can't wait to send some rounds down range this weekend.

IMG_8076.jpeg

IMG_8077.jpeg

UTGrad

I shot a ton of rounds through the Banish Backcountry this summer and liked it so much I bought one. Currently awaiting its release from jail. Its a fantastic suppressor for its size and weight.

Awesome news. I didn't want a long can to negotiate in a hunting blind. Also, having the quietest can isn't really important. Length and weight is what I considered.

TNRifleman

Awesome news. I didn't want a long can to negotiate in a hunting blind. Also, having the quietest can isn't really important. Length and weight is what I considered.
It will be perfect for you then. I had it on a sub 7 lb rifle with 20 inch barrel and we shot it for about 4 hours, put probably close 400 rounds through it and shot it out to 1100 yards.

Joe2Kool

Here's what I posted on another hunting site I frequent:

Short version, I ordered a can, I mean, a friend of mine ordered a Banish 30 from Silencer Central for his 300 Win Mag. After 10 months, it came.

First time at the range with it and WOW!!! Significant noise reduction AND recoil reduction! At 100 yards, it changed the zero about 2" horizontally, and maybe 1/2" vertically.

Second time at the range, I took some sound measurements with a phone app decibel meter. For each shot, the gun was on a Varmit bench rest. The phone was placed at the foot of the rest, in the same place, for each shot. I didn't confirm the exact position of the end of the barrel for each shot, and the 22 WM has a shorter barrel, so it was probably a little closer to the phone.

Anyway, here goes the objective part:

300 WM, Suppressed, 5 shots: 107 dB avg
Ammo: 165 gr Federal Fusion, muzzle velocity of 3080 fps

7mm Rem Mag, Unsuppressed, 3 shots: 120 dB avg
Ammo: 162 gr Hornady Superformance, MV of 3030 fps

22 WM, Unsuppressed, 5 shots: 118 dB avg
Ammo: 30 gr Hornady, MV not recorded

For the subjective part, I felt like my groups, I mean his groups were smaller. Didn't shoot the 300 unsuppressed, but IMO, it's not that the can made the gun shoot better, it's because the can reduced shooter flinch.

Regarding recoil, it felt like the 22 WM. WOW! Usually after about 3-4 shots with the 300, I'm done. But with the can, I shot almost a box both times. (I got the 7mm and 300 groups mixed up and adjusted the wrong way, so it took a little extra to get the 300 back on target.)

So short version, the can stays on all the time now. And I'll, I mean he'll probably spend more money on ammo now that it doesn't result in a bloody nose each session!

UTGrad

I shot the can today and I will eventually have one on every threaded barrel rifle I own.

With that said, my main two rifles have muzzle brakes on them in the off season and the can doesn't reduce recoil like an effective muzzle brake.

The can does reduce recoil and the noise reduction is a game changer.

Deerhunter

I shot the can today and I will eventually have one on every threaded barrel rifle I own.

With that said, my main two rifles have muzzle brakes on them in the off season and the can doesn't reduce recoil like an effective muzzle brake.

The can does reduce recoil and the noise reduction is a game changer.

This is where I'm at. 15 months ago I had zero suppressors. I now have 3 approved, and 2 in jail. And already have plans to add more.

And as great as centerfire suppressors are, everyone should have a rimfire suppressor. Standard velocity 22lr thru a suppressor is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.

TITANSFAN2104

2-Step Enabled
This is where I'm at. 15 months ago I had zero suppressors. I now have 3 approved, and 2 in jail. And already have plans to add more.

And as great as centerfire suppressors are, everyone should have a rimfire suppressor. Standard velocity 22lr thru a suppressor is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on.
so shooting a suppressed 22 naked would be the most fun you could ever have??

DaveTN

I didn't pay near a grand for any ear protection I own. And they all work better than trying to suppress a .308. 🤣

I shot a friends 1911 with a suppressor on it, it was cool. A $grand of cool? No.

I get it though….its cool. If suppressors ever get removed from the NFA, they will be priced at what they are worth, and I might check them out. :cool:

I am glad you guys get to play with them. 👍 But I hate it that you have to pay crazy prices because of government intervention. :rolleyes:

44 mag

I didn't pay near a grand for any ear protection I own. And they all work better than trying to suppress a .308. 🤣

I shot a friends 1911 with a suppressor on it, it was cool. A $grand of cool? No.

I get it though….its cool. If suppressors ever get removed from the NFA, they will be priced at what they are worth, and I might check them out. :cool:

I am glad you guys get to play with them. 👍 But I hate it that you have to pay crazy prices because of government intervention. :rolleyes:
I agree with everything you said but to me it is worth it. Not to save my hearing because it is already shot, but to save my kids. I hate hunting with ear pro and I learned it is easier to teach my children to shoot without ear pro so that can hear everything I am saying. Yes it is expensive and the ATF should be abolished in my opinion.

My dead air sandman takes a 168 a max 308 to a very pleasant noise at the shooter.

DaveTN

I agree with everything you said but to me it is worth it. Not to save my hearing because it is already shot, but to save my kids. I hate hunting with ear pro and I learned it is easier to teach my children to shoot without ear pro so that can hear everything I am saying. Yes it is expensive and the ATF should be abolished in my opinion.

My dead air sandman takes a 168 a max 308 to a very pleasant noise at the shooter.
It's worth it to a lot of people. I don't see anything wrong with it, other than the cost. I'm a retired Toolmaker, a grand for a suppressor is freakin ridiculous. They can only charge that much because of government involvement and the market being so small.

That and I question trying to suppress something like a .308. Slow it down to sub sonic and there's no point in having a .308.

I enjoy reading about your experiences though. We can tell the excitement in your posts as you discuss the months or years it takes to get approval. And the joyful glee as you talk about visiting your suppressors at your local FFL, being held captive until the government can put their stamp of approval on you picking it up.

🤣