Band Sawmill

Cherokee

I'm thinking about getting a band sawmill. I have a bunch of oak timber that I want to saw into lumber. Thinking that there may be some gently used mills out there.

Cherokee

I have a woodmizer lt40 super hydraulic that I am thinking about selling. Just not sure i want to sell it or not. But this 100 degree heat....makes it easier decision.
I appreciate the response, but probably way more than I am looking for. That is a nice machine!

nwsg76

I appreciate the response, but probably way more than I am looking for. That is a nice machine!
The price of a manual mill is outrageous right now. Hydraulic mills are not cheap either. But you get alot more in Hydraulic mill. Just depends on how much you want to use it as to what you can justify.
My mill is 20 yes old but still a solid mill.

jaybird62

I just bought a Hud-Son Sawyer from my neighbor when he purchased a bigger mill. I think it's only got about 30 hours on it.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I have a Timberking B20 that I am thinking of selling for $9000. Full hydrolics, 25hp blade motor and 5hp motor for the hydrolics. It's an older '06 model, but still works great.
I'm thinking about getting a band sawmill. I have a bunch of oak timber that I want to saw into lumber. Thinking that there may be some gently used mills out there.

Cherokee

I have a Timberking B20 that I am thinking of selling for $9000. Full hydrolics, 25hp blade motor and 5hp motor for the hydrolics. It's an older '06 model, but still works great.
I might be interested. Is it portable, or set up on foundation? Also, general location?

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I have been looking for specs on max log diameter for the B20 and can't find info. Can you provide? Thanks.
36" is the max diameter. Now that doesn't mean it can cut a 36" slab, only that it can handle a log that diameter on the deck. I've sawn some red and white oak that were that big, 16' long, and those logs are HEAVY and cumbersome. We actually had to use the FEL on the tractor to help turn them on the mill. I do not recommend trying to saw giant oak logs like that. The mill can do it, but they just weigh to darn much. Most of what I saw is cedar and poplar, and rarely do I do logs bigger than 24". It can cut up to 20' long logs too.

Cherokee

36" is the max diameter. Now that doesn't mean it can cut a 36" slab, only that it can handle a log that diameter on the deck. I've sawn some red and white oak that were that big, 16' long, and those logs are HEAVY and cumbersome. We actually had to use the FEL on the tractor to help turn them on the mill. I do not recommend trying to saw giant oak logs like that. The mill can do it, but they just weigh to darn much. Most of what I saw is cedar and poplar, and rarely do I do logs bigger than 24". It can cut up to 20' long logs too.
Thanks for the info. I have some pretty good size logs but will not be cutting anything longer than 10'. I have seen some videos that show the challenges of turning those big logs with the hydraulic turner. But it sure beats doing it all with a hook. 😄 I will be in touch, and may want to make a trip out there and check it out.

Latest posts