B & C Will Score King Buck for Potential WR

baller_9

Boone and Crockett Will Score King Buck as Potential New World Record Whitetail. There are many opinions on this buck but mine has always been that he is clearly a typical whitetail and his G-3 is not split and is in fact coming off the buck's mainbeam. If you don't know the story you have a lot of reading to do. I don't care for B & C Club but would give them a little repect if this turns out to be ture.

http://www.deeranddeerhunting.com/deer- ... -whitetail

fairchaser

As a deer hunter who is fortunate to have a deer published in the B&C record book, I was disappointed to read all the controversy about the King Buck. When it comes to world records, it seems the process is more political than anything else. It besmirches the whole records programs in my opinion. I am glad that truth may in fact prevail, but they have a long way to go to restore my faith in B&C.

Winchester

Im glad to see it myself, as I have said for years the record has been broken. I foresee a new name on the WR plaque come October and rightly so!

baller_9

bowriter said:
I wonder if all the threat of a lawsuit and loss of members and money had anything to do with them changing their mind?

We all know this is not out of the goodness of their hearts after all this time.

RKenney

That g3 is a point off the main beam if you ask me, but they ain't asking me. I hope it gets scored as a typical. I know they have to have rules, but that is crazy.

RecurveShooter

ROUGH COUNTRY HUNTER said:
ifit is scored as a typical,its the record,imo

That's what the D&DH article said as well. But what is confusing to me is that the deer was always scored as a typical. The arguement was if two individual points were typical(normal) or not.

It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

bowriter

R.I.P.
I knwe Grodon quite well and in fact, was rooming with him at the time this was all going on with Mitch. All I'll say is take this article with a grain of salt when it comes to Mitch's buck.

True, Mitch would not show him the rack or even talk to him. What Gordon isn't saying is, Mitch hates most outdoor writers and a few a lot more than others. A group of B&C scorers, did see, hold and measure Mitch's deer. Gordon was just not included nor was any other writer. I recall spending the night in a motel in Lansing, MI with Gordon and he was still pissed :)

baller_9

RecurveShooter said:
I was surprised to read that today. However, what if the panel scores it, and they don't find it to be a new world record?

I will not be shocked if it nets 210-212. Maybe that's for the best but at least it would be given credit for what he really is.

Latest posts