ATV Tire Question/Recommendation

SilverFox

I sold my last 4 wheeler back in 2011. It was a Rubicon that I ran ITP 589 (thinking that was the numbers) on in 27 inch? Prior to that I ran the ITP Mudlite on a Rancher. I just bought a 500 Foreman 4x4. I have no clue what tires may be good anymore. Looking for something that does good all around. Something that is light and doesn't put too much on the motor/trans. I'm guessing in the 27-28 inch range. Any ideas? Anything to stay away from? It'll be used for hunting and trail riding. Thanks

Gravey

My original tires dry rotted on my 99 Honda 300 probably 10+ years ago and I went with ITP mud lites and they're still on there. Don't use it much but really like them. I had looked at the Maxxis Bighorns that Andy mentions for my Pioneer if I changed from factory tires but sold it to my nephew.

Smoke

I've never ran the 589s but have ran the mudlites on my 4 wheelers. If I remember right the 589s are heavier than the mudlites. I had the mudlite XLs for deeper tread. I liked them but did have several punctures trail riding. On my Ranger I went with Swamp Lites. My Dad's 4 wheeler had them on it when he bought it and I was impressed with how they did. I like them. Don't trail ride anymore but I've put them to work on my lease. Anything from asphalt to mud. Bought tire and wheel combo from Rocky Mountain ATV. They've got their own brand (Tusk). It's a cheaper version of some of the other big name brands. Alot of reviews and pics to look through for most tires on there.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Happysack

I recently bought set or Kenda Bear Claw HTR's they are 8 ply radials and so far I really like them.I've only put about 50 miles on them so far but I'm very happy with them

Latest posts