Ate some crow today

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Well my wife told my son about a fishing derby in Lakeland today at the IH pond. We signed up and got there this morning at about 7:30. I had never fished this lake but figured with some night crawlers my son and I would be in business. My son is 4 and caught 3 bluegill and a few bass. Did not catch a single catfish. I never thought stinkbait would outfish worms but I witnessed it today. There was a girl down the bank a little that was using magic bait stinkbait and tearing them up. We still had fun but We couldn't buy a bite from a catfish on worms. I was amazed.
3E4B162E-299A-46C3-AA93-F435DD357807.jpeg

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
Thanks! It was our first derby together but he is already ready to go again. He loves fishing but is super competitive so it may be fun in the future.

Cache

2-Step Enabled
Awesome! Germantown has one on the 4th of July behind city hall. I've taken my boys a few times and we have worn the catfish out on night crawlers. Btw I've probably past you a few times at the baseball fields.

Joe2Kool

You may have eaten crow, but that young man is hooked!!
Every time I hear "eating crow," I think of the Andy Griffith episode when Andy scolds Opie for not donating at school. Yet Opie is saving his money to buy a coat for a girl that needs one.

clwg97

2-Step Enabled
He definitely is hooked. Luckily we have a pond in the back yard and fish almost every day we can. Even if it's just for 15 minutes after work he makes me get out there.

Latest posts