Artow rest

fireman815

Hey all, wanted to get some opinions I am currently using a trophy taker arrow rest. If i was looking to change up whats some recommendations. Shooting Matthew's outback

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

dhpro

Re: Artow rest

QAD I enjoy easy to adjust and silent.several good brands on the market as of now .what I've seen dollar for dollar it might be tough to beat the whisker biscuits

fireman815

Years ago I was told they slowed arrow speed but i have heard they work great

TheAirMan

fireman815":2zzcftps said:
Years ago I was told they slowed arrow speed but i have heard they work great

You or the deer wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I like a drop away that will lock in the up position. It's so much easier when setting up the rest not having to hold it up while checking things and making adjustments. Also, you don't have to worry about your arrow falling off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tree_ghost

If you are looking for a fixed rest then it's hard to beat a biscuit for the price vs performance. If you are looking for a drop away there are a ton on the market and many of them are very very good. I would urge you to look at a full capture rest for hunting no matter if it's fixed in one position or a drop away. I have shot a QAD ultra for several years and have had good success with it. The only downfall that I have found is that the plastic internal gears fail at around 1000 shots. I will be trading out my QAD this year and going to a hamskea hunter. The hamskea is a limb driven rest unlike the QAD which is a cable driven rest. Ultimately however at the end of the day there are a ton of options and every single one has a pile of kills to its credit...have fun shopping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNDeerGuy

I've used most all of them over the years, (QAD, Ripcord, LimbDriver, WhiskerBiscuit, TrophyTaker, etc...) and my favorite, and the one I'm using today is the Bowfinger Medusa Max, made right here in Mid-TN by Steve Hutchinson. It is a full-containment, cable driven rest and has the heaviest tension spring of any rest on the market and will not bounceback like some will because of a light duty spring. It is also micro-adjustable and adjustable once the cable is served in place, because the cable connects to the housing externally and can be adjusted that if needed. Another feature I really like about it is that the launcher will stay locked in the up position in case you have to let down and the rest has been tested on machines that worked the action non-stop for 10's of thousands of shots without failure. Finally, the last couple of features that really sets it apart is how quick and crisp the rest activates. As soon as the arrow starts to move forward, the rest activates and starts to move and is down and out of the way in the first 3rd of the arrow.

That being said, if you wanted to go with a cable-driven rest the Medusa Max is what I'll highly recommend. If you wanted to go the route of a limb-driven route, the Hamskea, that tree ghost mentioned, is what I would go with without any doubt. If you wanted a static rest, the Biscuit is a solid and time tested performer.

Latest posts