Food Plots Army Worms

Andy S.

I've inspected my yard for last few weeks and finally spotted a few today in a small patch where the green was fading/turning to brown. I nuked that entire area and will continue to inspect every day or two.

WilcoKen

I have them in my lawn (Wilson Co). Destroyed my best turf areas overnight last week.I hope it comes back. It's fescue. Was going to aerate and seed this weekend but will hold off. What spray works best?

Tennrock

Permethrin SFR 36.8%, Malathion 50%, Bifen IT and Seven will all work. Apply to shortest grass possible and before a big rain event if possible.
Permethrin 13%, 1/2 oz per gallon worked great on my lawn & pasture. Thousands of those things smell like dead fish when they are killed and start to rot. Could not sit under shade tree Sunday due to smell. Took me a while to figure out what it was.

Gronk

Just started seeing some a few days ago on our walkway. Didn't know what they were, but also noticed some areas of the lawn browning as well

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Permethrin 13%, 1/2 oz per gallon worked great on my lawn & pasture. Thousands of those things smell like dead fish when they are killed and start to rot. Could not sit under shade tree Sunday due to smell. Took me a while to figure out what it was.
Not I know what that smell on my shoes is!!! I'm a mailman and I noticed starting on Monday that my shoes stink like dead fish, so I switched shoes and these started to smell too. Disgusting to have to smell all day long.🤢

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
Not I know what that smell on my shoes is!!! I'm a mailman and I noticed starting on Monday that my shoes stink like dead fish, so I switched shoes and these started to smell too. Disgusting to have to smell all day long.🤢
I even noticed some slimy looking nasty stuff on my shoes yesterday and was wondering what on earth did I step in! image.jpg

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
There's a lot of miles and a lot of worms on those shoes
These are three months old. Shoes usually last me 6-8 months on the route. I walk 6.5-7 miles a day, up and down steps, across yards...I know where the dogs and cats poop, but army worms?!?! Even I'm disgusted at the smell, especially inside my 100* mail truck.

megalomaniac

Saw a farmers video from Wartrace yesterday. He cut hay, and had a 2 in layer thick of the creepy crawleys on the top of his mower. I've never seen anything like it

BigAl

I have a nice clover plot in my backyard. Replanted half of it last year and its been really productive and looking great. Deer feed in it every day. Now I've noticed I've got army worms in the yard. Didn't really notice them in the clover plot, but did notice I don't see a single piece of clover in the plot and the deer have stopped coming around.
Wondering if the army worms took out the clover? If they did, they got every stitch of it.

BSK

Are there any telltale signs of army worms after the fact? Just checked my plots Friday and a couple have simply vanished. Two weeks ago, lush and green newly growing cereal rye. Now, bare dirt. Never seen anything like it. No standing dead plants even.

JhnDeereMan

2-Step Enabled
Are there any telltale signs of army worms after the fact? Just checked my plots Friday and a couple have simply vanished. Two weeks ago, lush and green newly growing cereal rye. Now, bare dirt. Never seen anything like it. No standing dead plants even
I would say that is what you had if you are in Humphreys co. They may still be in some surrounding plants. Check the underside of the leaves or shake the surrounding plants and you can find them. When they hit an area all that will be left is dirt. It amazing.
When you plant back spray some Warrior over top about 3-4 days post emergence.

Latest posts