Armadillo’s

fairchaser

They have moved into my backyard and in 1 night destroyed half my yard. I killed one and last night another moved in. My grandson said he needs to get dead so I'm on the hunt tonight.

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
What is up with them? Suddenly seeing them everywhere in daylight.
We noticed this too this year, especially in August/September. No idea why they started to be out and about in the daylight, but the .17HMR makes quick work of them. Frond of mine has killed over 30 in his yard this year.

RockMcL

I first encountered armadillos when I arrived at my first active duty assignment in Fort Bliss, TX. I think I was there 6 months before I saw one moving.

I always said that before I saw the one moving I thought Armadillo was a fungus that thrived on pavement...

hillbillyfab

Removed this one from the population last night. First one I've seen with a tail like this. Think he lost it in the past or an old injury? Instead of tossing him, I think I'm going roll him around in a live trap and see if the scent will help trap others.

Attachments

• F7E38809-88ED-419D-8AF4-A52C68CE855A.jpeg
    F7E38809-88ED-419D-8AF4-A52C68CE855A.jpeg
    583.8 KB · Views: 43

Carlos

Ask the agency folks, they'll tell you right away, someone's relocating the Armadillos to this area because they weren't here before.
Now you have armadillos showing up is areas where there was been none before, this 100% proves that they've been illegally relocated.

BSK

Ask the agency folks, they'll tell you right away, someone's relocating the Armadillos to this area because they weren't here before.
Now you have armadillos showing up is areas where there was been none before, this 100% proves that they've been illegally relocated.
Negatory. I watched them slowly, slowly move from SW Tennessee towards Middle TN, and from Alabama northwards. A little farther each year. They moved in naturally and were not "relocated." Now WHY they moved in is a good question. Some believe it is because our winters have gotten warmer, but I'm not buying that, as our winters really haven't gotten much warmer, and we still have some really cold snaps each year. Some say they're following fire ants that are moving northwards, but the armadillos have far outpaced the fire ants in northward shift.

fairchaser

I finally caught up with the bugger last night. He destroyed my yard.

Attachments

• AD82A1AF-CD8B-4119-B5A1-64705B716045.jpeg
    AD82A1AF-CD8B-4119-B5A1-64705B716045.jpeg
    475 KB · Views: 30

Carlos

Negatory. I watched them slowly, slowly move from SW Tennessee towards Middle TN, and from Alabama northwards. A little farther each year. They moved in naturally and were not "relocated." Now WHY they moved in is a good question. Some believe it is because our winters have gotten warmer, but I'm not buying that, as our winters really haven't gotten much warmer, and we still have some really cold snaps each year. Some say they're following fire ants that are moving northwards, but the armadillos have far outpaced the fire ants in northward shift.
I gotcha.

Their expansion is much like the wild hogs then?
(Depending on which side you ask, of course.)

Gronkmonster

Removed this one from the population last night. First one I've seen with a tail like this. Think he lost it in the past or an old injury? Instead of tossing him, I think I'm going roll him around in a live trap and see if the scent will help trap others.
Some just aren't as well endowed as others

JCDEERMAN

These things have been on our place since about 2005 in Hickman. We've been plinking them since that time period. Always during daylight. Although, can't tell you how many I've killed off the front porch of our cabin at night while taking a leak. I hear them, I shoot them

Latest posts