Are my plots wasted!

slabhead

When I went to co-op last week to get my seed I asked for 50lbs of winter wheat. Today when we were spreading all the seeds, I noticed the wheat didn't look "right". It had little bits of corn kernels mixed in. After we finished and got home I looked at my receipt. On the receipt it says, Wheat Variety. What is this?? Have I wasted my time and money? Is this winter wheat?

slabhead

If it is feed wheat, what can I do about my plots. I sowed, the wheat, clover, peas, oats and rape?? Can I just sow winter wheat over this?

WestTn Huntin man

2-Step Enabled
It should be OK to over seed before the other seed comes up. If you have had as much rain as we've had ?? I'm not sure if you'll be able to get out in your plot before your planted seed comes up ??

156p&y

That's feed wheat. You will be fine any kind of wheat seed will pretty much grow on rock with some water. The deer will not know the difference b/t wheat or winter wheat. We've been dragging all our fields and throwing out feed wheat in hope of it germinating. I personally think any food plot or food in general will attract a ton of whitetails you've never seen before this year b/c of the limited supply of any type of food.

HOOK

Could just be the same price as feed wheat. Take the receipt back , tell them what you got. If you have not had germination yet just broadcast it and then cultipack.

BSK

Feed wheat just means it has a lot of weed seed in ti and germination rates will be lower. But it will grow fine. Just expect to see some crazy weeds come up in the summer.