AR 15

FTG-05

agelessssone

I don't remember what they said, it's been a while.
I've just let it go.
I've bought enough from private sellers to have most of what I need.
Shotguns for hunting (which I never do any longer), and are now loaded for home defense, pistols for EDC (2 of which were bought from local gunshops under "conditional" sales), rifle for deer hunting, which I do yearly, and a muzzleloader that I hunt deer with.
I was interested in an AR style weapon for home defense seeing as how we are getting such an influx of illegals in this country.
If a siege were to occur, it could entail multiple aggressors nesscitating higher capacity firearms to conceivably repel such an attack.
Hopefully these possibilities never occur.
I thought my "warring" days were done once I quit walking point with my dog in Vietnam but with the way things are headed, I'd rather be prepared.
The photos are posted so that none may doubt my claim to have "been there, done that".
My dog, Mr Buck 7X74, was KIA two months after I returned home.

RIP Mr. Buck. Served me well, saved me multiple times.
The upper left photo was weapons I got when two fellas walked around a bend in the trail and we met at about 10 paces.
They didn't need those weapons anymore, so I brought them back. One was a non functional grease gun style that I found in an abandoned vietcong camp that same mission.

agelessssone

Nah, I'm 76 and got most of what I need.
I'm not a gun collector or enthusiast, just want enough to do what needs to be done.
The AR is just kind of an after thought.
Hopefully will never need high capacity weapon.
Pretty sure if I knock a few down with the .270, I'll have time to reload.
I would imagine a 140 gr from a .270 would put a hurt on a ballistic vest wearer, wouldn't it?

Rebel

I don't remember what they said, it's been a while.
I've just let it go.
I've bought enough from private sellers to have most of what I need.
Shotguns for hunting (which I never do any longer), and are now loaded for home defense, pistols for EDC (2 of which were bought from local gunshops under "conditional" sales), rifle for deer hunting, which I do yearly, and a muzzleloader that I hunt deer with.
I was interested in an AR style weapon for home defense seeing as how we are getting such an influx of illegals in this country.
If a siege were to occur, it could entail multiple aggressors nesscitating higher capacity firearms to conceivably repel such an attack.
Hopefully these possibilities never occur.
I thought my "warring" days were done once I quit walking point with my dog in Vietnam but with the way things are headed, I'd rather be prepared.
The photos are posted so that none may doubt my claim to have "been there, done that".
My dog, Mr Buck 7X74, was KIA two months after I returned home.

RIP Mr. Buck. Served me well, saved me multiple times.
Thank you for your sacrifice.

I have a misdemeanor charge from 1972 that has kept me from buying a pistol.
Does that apply to rifles too?
And I know that a misdemeanor should not be a disqualifier, but since it was so long ago, and there was no follow up as to the final adjudication, TBI keeps rejecting me.
Get a better lawyer. Gun laws for felons are beyond confusing, and can vary even by the year they were committed. Some states bar all (including antique) firearms for life, some only ban handguns, and there's about everything in between. Your specific charge (and behavior after) will have a lot to do with it as well.

For instance, VA says violent felons cannot possess any kind of gun, even antique, but nonviolent felons can possess antiques, in TN a felon can keep a 12-in barreled muzzleloading pistol in their home, but they can't take it out with them in public. They can use antique firearms to hunt though (barring the 12 inch barrel).

I'll tell ya what though, I wouldn't want to get caught with anything the FBI says I can't have, they don't play games. I would get that clarified before you attempt to buy another gun.

DaveTN

Get a better lawyer. Gun laws for felons are beyond confusing, and can vary even by the year they were committed. Some states bar all (including antique) firearms for life, some only ban handguns, and there's about everything in between. Your specific charge (and behavior after) will have a lot to do with it as well.

For instance, VA says violent felons cannot possess any kind of gun, even antique, but nonviolent felons can possess antiques, in TN a felon can keep a 12-in barreled muzzleloading pistol in their home, but they can't take it out with them in public. They can use antique firearms to hunt though (barring the 12 inch barrel).

I'll tell ya what though, I wouldn't want to get caught with anything the FBI says I can't have, they don't play games. I would get that clarified before you attempt to buy another gun.
He said it's not a felony issue. He just doesn't have a disposition on a previous charge. TBI does it all the time.

However, I don't know why his lawyer couldn't get it taken care of. I didn't need a lawyer to resubmit my disposition to the FBI.

He said it's not a felony issue. He just doesn't have a disposition on a previous charge. TBI does it all the time.

However, I don't know why his lawyer couldn't get it taken care of. I didn't need a lawyer to resubmit my disposition to the FBI.
That's what I'm saying, he needs a better lawyer to take care of this. It's a complicated issue but clearly his lawyer is unable to do so.

-Edit to add that it's a complicated issue considering what it is. It's pretty straightforward what the problem is, but dealing with multiple government organizations can be, uhhhh, frustrating, to say the least.

Last edited:

Latest posts