Compass Lake Engineering AR-15 Varmint Rifle - Price Drop

FTG-05

I have an AR-15 for sale. It has a Compass Lake Engineering Varmint Rifle upper, with an 18" Krieger 1-7" fluted barrel and a Bushmaster lower with a CLE-installed CLE two-stage trigger. I bought it direct from Frank White about 20 years ago.

Frank White/CLE is big in the Service Rifle competition world and has been for over 30 years. Here is their site: https://compasslake.com/

An example of what I bought ~20 years ago: https://compasslake.com/product/krieger-1-7-twist-varmint-upper-a4/

The rifle comes with a Nikon Prostaff rifle scope.

Pics:

m88YIz3.jpg

2mLdV8E.jpg

fIU1Dlb.jpg

hwVwWOJ.jpg

RSykJbY.jpg

5xqWmS8.jpg

sG5pleG.jpg

Note: This is a heavy rifle! I'll see if I can get it on a weight scale later today.

FTF near Ardmore TN. With scope, $1350 $1,250.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Sako

I had frank build me a gun for service rifle years ago as well... You are not going to go into a store and buy an AR or build one yourself that shoots as good as the ones he makes... He has been doing this for years and even was building them for competition teams. His knowledge and teams experience make a huge difference

Whoever ends up with this gun will not be disappointed at all... and it is set up for heavy bullets as well with the 1in 7 twist..

Brown2008

Those CLE barrels and builds are the real deal! I'll have them spin a barrel for gas prs rig in the next year if work goes well!

Sako

Tell us about the accuracy with it! You ever take it out to 500, 600, 700, 800?
I cannot speak for this particular gun but this is what C.L. builds them for exactly. He got started building service rifle competition guns and became so good at it he built guns for the Florida state team and a lot of the top competitors. Back when I shot NRA service rifle comp, I lived in Georgia at the time and he was the go to person - company to get these rifles built... He had special front sights made so the front sight would match the width of the target at 600 yards... I can personally attest to his guns winning many service rifle competitions... easily holding 1/2 inch or less MOA

If I had the money for this one, It would already be sold... problem is, I just bought two guns and my fun money is currently depleted a bit

Latest posts