AR-15 6.8 SPCII UPPER BUILD QUESTIONS

Bucket

Wondering if anyone has any input on this. I've decided on building a 6.8 SPCII upper for my AR primarily for hunting purposes. I would like to keep costs below $600 minus optics, which I already have. I've decided on a 16" AR Performance scout barrel/bcg/gas tube combo and Joe Bob adjustable gas block for about $360. I'd like a recommendation on stripped upper w/parts kit, free float rail (UTG?), charging handle, forward grip and mags. It appears there aren't many companies making reliable mags for the 6.8. My plan down the road is to build a form 1 suppressor also. Thanks!

Urban_Hunter

Get the double star mags, they are the only mags I have found that I can load to 2.295 COAL.

The ar perf. scout barrel is bad ace! I got impatient when they were sold out and got a double star, wish I hadn't.

As far as accessories, it's all personal preference. If your intention is deer hunting I would get a charging handle that is accessible with the scope over it, mine is a pain.

I'll be hunting with Speer gold dots this coming year, but my suggestion is the 95gr TTSX. It is unbelievable.

dc41ba381e4d54f8401a6453b97beea4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNhunter

Geissele mlok handguards come with their low pro gas block included. Built a 6.8 upper this past year with arp barrel and am very pleased with it. Used a stripped Palmetto State Armory upper and their parts kit. Instead of the Geissele handguard I used a Fortis Rev2 and the Fortis low pro gas block. Really like this combo. I'm using an AXTS raptor ambi charging handle and really like it much more than bcm gunfighter mod 4. I'll be replacing all my charging handles with them next time I find them on sale. I'm using PRI mags since they were the best back a couple years ago when I acquired my first 6.8.

infoman jr.

TNhunter":2kf9ot1u said:
Geissele mlok handguards come with their low pro gas block included. Built a 6.8 upper this past year with arp barrel and am very pleased with it. Used a stripped Palmetto State Armory upper and their parts kit. Instead of the Geissele handguard I used a Fortis Rev2 and the Fortis low pro gas block. Really like this combo. I'm using an AXTS raptor ambi charging handle and really like it much more than bcm gunfighter mod 4. I'll be replacing all my charging handles with them next time I find them on sale. I'm using PRI mags since they were the best back a couple years ago when I acquired my first 6.8.
What about the Raptor do you like over the BCM to justify twice the price?

Latest posts